• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Navy Int Ops?

I understand the mission and process of NCAGS, my question is, where does the information come from, which the INT SEA officer sifts through to provide an acurate maritime picture?

Mainz said:
my question is, where does the information come from, which the INT SEA officer sifts through to provide an acurate maritime picture?

Everywhere....the ships sensors, the radio comms, Int reports sent to the ship by satcom, the ships helo, MPAs, the guy with binos on the bridge wing......

Understand.

Was thinking more about the INT officer receiving at Athena or Trinity.

I have a PSO interview coming up and thught it might be a question he asked me. Wanted a clearer understanding.

Mainz said:
Was thinking more about the INT officer receiving at Athena or Trinity.

Information comes from just about everywhere. The fleet, MPAs, national technical means, OSINT, allied governments......you name it.

Just realised that original before OP was needless. On Crackberry so I can't edit my post :(

MedTech said:
And... What do you know about Athena or Trinity?

I think he has a good idea what they are for judging by his posts and the web site he has linked in to his profile...

Ex-Dragoon said:
I think he has a good idea what they are for judging by his posts and the web site he has linked in to his profile...

Interesting. Should just ask the Int Os that work at Athena, since he's there already, it's a safe bet that they'd be happy to share things with him.

Back