• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Please do with any available links...

Even with my access to a large recognition database I'm stumped (However my subordinates inform me that's not too difficult ;D)

Cheers FDL  :cdn:

Please.

I'm stumped too.  For a sailor playing an army game though, I don't feel so bad.

NS

Okay. It´s the MOWAG "Taifun".

That should clear most questions:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b24/hybenamon/LAND/ARMOR/MISC/Taifun-1.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b24/hybenamon/LAND/ARMOR/MISC/Taifun-2.jpg

Free turn.

Regards,
ironduke57

That was brilliant, searching through every book on armour i have, googling "Taifun, Mowag, Tank-destroyer" and generally doing a 'nana i still cant find anything beyond what you gave us and some forum where they very briefly discussed it.
What happened to it? Was the armour as thin as they say it was?
Thanks for that, was great

There.

Finally found it.

http://www.modellboard.de/thread.php?threadid=5967&sid=2cfb70e29f523534b2c7b318cc50db49&page=88

Good german...far better than mine (grade 9...)

NS

Hale said:
... What happened to it?...

No one bought it so it died.

NavyShooter said:
There.

Finally found it.

http://www.modellboard.de/thread.php?threadid=5967&sid=2cfb70e29f523534b2c7b318cc50db49&page=88

Good german...far better than mine (grade 9...)

NS

That´s also an mil stuff guessing game in which I also participate. I have also used it on at least one other english speaking forum.

rmacqueen said:
Your hints led me to MOWAG but couldn't find anything.  Good one

MOWAG redesigned there webpage sometime ago. Before that it and there other older project´s could be seen on there page.

Larry Strong said:
You do know your tanks :salute:

Just a question of training and sources.

@Captain Sensible   :P

Regards,
ironduke57

No one interested in this free turn? Well okay this one should be easier.

Regards,
ironduke57

It looks like a JagdTiger with a funny looking twin barrels. Wish the photo was bigger. I cant really figure that out at all, except that all i can think of is Jagdtiger thats been fiddled in photo shop.
I am an idiot though...

Hale said:
It looks like a JagdTiger with a funny looking twin barrels. Wish the photo was bigger. I cant really figure that out at all, except that all i can think of is Jagdtiger thats been fiddled in photo shop.
I am an idiot though...

Not it is no Jagdtiger. It is not even german. And that thing was real, not photoshoped.
And if you are an idiot ... I can´t decide that from here. :P ;D j/k

Regards,
ironduke57

I looked at the tracks and though *ruskie* and with a quick look, it's a variant of the KV series.

KV-7 Heavy Turretless Tank (Variant II)

A second variant of the turretless KV-7 was being worked on practically parallel with the first variant KV-7. It also mounted multiple guns: its armament consisted of two coaxially mounted ZiS-5 76 mm Tank Cannons. In addition, the tank was armed with two 7.62 mm DT machine-guns: frontal and rear-facing. The ammunition supply for both main guns was 150 rounds. As has already been stated, at the end of December 1941 the vehicle, under the designation KV-7, was sent to Moscow for testing, which was conducted in the presence of K. I. Voroshilov, chief of GABTU I. Fedorenko, and Chief of GAU N. N. Voronov. As in the case of the first variant, this tank was recognized as unsuitable (preference was given to the KV-8 flamethrower tank). J. Stalin, to whom a copy of the test results was sent, responded, "Who needs three cannons? It would be better to mount one, but good one," which put a halt to the idea of a multiple-gunned KV.

tttank.jpg

NS

Oh, and on a humerous note, I photoshopped this image together...figure those who recognize it will be amused....as a point of interest, there's a new version being built and sold as Semi-Auto only, and it's available in Canada.

ARMP44.gif

NS

Now that is an odd weapon (yes I know, photoshopped). Can't waite for the story on that one  :D

Top:  StG-44 with FNC1 butt, pistol grip, back and foresight.

Bottom:  StG-44 with C8 collapsable butt, Picatinny top rail with EO-Tech sight, C7 back and foresight.  Notice you kept the FN pistol grip though...

Nice.

NavyShooter said:

It looks like a French-made Renault FT-17 Tank from World War I and early WW2, namely German Invasion of France in 1940, but the threads/wheels of an FT-17 aren't as big the one in the picture. It could also be one of those poorly made World War II-era Italian or Japanese tanks like the Type 89 "Ha-Go".

Could it also be a 1940s French Army Hotchkiss-39 Medium tank? Other than that, I'm out of ideas off the top of my head.

Back