• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Colin P said:
Perhaps to easy........... :D

Very good.

Danke.... I don't have a massive photo library of AFV... so Colin.. or anyone else.. pop one up please.

Here's one...
semi panzer..

1124.jpg

Russian Patrol/Gunboat with 2x T-34/76 turrets and depth charges or mines.

tango22a

tango22a said:
Russian Patrol/Gunboat with 2x T-34/76 turrets and depth charges or mines.

tango22a

Bronekater... I thought it was pretty cool with the T-34 turrets.. so I had to add it. Next please.

If I remember right, it's actually German, and this was from in front of a training barracks....

Looking for the right details now....

NS

Krupp’s Grosstraktor III as monument
at the barracks of Panzer Regiment 5 in Wunsdorf, 1937.

None of those prototypes entered production due to numerous problems and defects encountered during tests. In 1933, after completed test and completed co-operation with the Soviet Union, four functional vehicles returned to Germany. Krupp and Rheinmetall-Borsig prototypes were used for training purposes in continuation with work started at Kama. Eventually, they were handed over to the 1st Panzer Division and took part in maneuvers in August of 1935. Both Daimler-Benz Grosstraktors ended up as monuments at 1st Panzer Regiment headquarters at Erfurt and 5th Panzer Regiment headquarters at Wundsdorf. After 1935, remaining four prototypes were used for training purposes at Panzer Gunnery School at Putlos. In 1937, one of Krupp and Rheinmetall Grosstraktors ended up as a monument at 5th Panzer Regiment headquarters at Wunsdorf. The remaining two were either scrapped or used for target practice.Grosstraktors were extensively tested and lessons learned from them provided the German designers with valuable experience, which was then used in the direct development of Neubaufahrzeug and eventually of other designs.

NavyShooter said:
Krupp’s Grosstraktor III as monument
at the barracks of Panzer Regiment 5 in Wunsdorf, 1937.

None of those prototypes entered production due to numerous problems and defects encountered during tests. In 1933, after completed test and completed co-operation with the Soviet Union, four functional vehicles returned to Germany. Krupp and Rheinmetall-Borsig prototypes were used for training purposes in continuation with work started at Kama. Eventually, they were handed over to the 1st Panzer Division and took part in maneuvers in August of 1935. Both Daimler-Benz Grosstraktors ended up as monuments at 1st Panzer Regiment headquarters at Erfurt and 5th Panzer Regiment headquarters at Wundsdorf. After 1935, remaining four prototypes were used for training purposes at Panzer Gunnery School at Putlos. In 1937, one of Krupp and Rheinmetall Grosstraktors ended up as a monument at 5th Panzer Regiment headquarters at Wunsdorf. The remaining two were either scrapped or used for target practice.Grosstraktors were extensively tested and lessons learned from them provided the German designers with valuable experience, which was then used in the direct development of Neubaufahrzeug and eventually of other designs.

Wow.. that was good. You"re up my friend.

Photo taken by my daughter last year....

Bonus point for recognizing the locale....

NavyShooter said:
Photo taken by my daughter last year....

Bonus point for recognizing the locale....

Well the one in the background is a Marder III (Sd.Kfz.139)...  ;D

The other one I would guess .. may be... Italian Semovente L40 da 47/32
CFB Borden for the base?

Agree with Semovente, but think it's at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland USA.

Cheers,

tango22a

Ya got the tank, but not the base.

And T22 has it....Aberdeen!

Here's a better pic....

NS

Correct nomenclature from the US Ordnance museum site is:

Italian Tank Destroyer on L6/40 Fiat Chassis, Semovente 47/32 (FMAR275)

Country Italy
Manufacturer Fiat-Ansaldo
Year Manufactured Introduced 1941 
Armament One 47mm/L34 gun (MV=2100 FPS)
Dimensions L= 12.6'; W= 6.1'; H= 5.1'; WT= 7.5 tons 

One of the first armored vehicles used by the Italians in North Africa in WW II. It was soon replaced with larger caliber weapons. The museum specimen fought at El Alamein and later at Tobruk, where it was captured. It was shipped to APG in 1943.

http://ordmusfound.org/it47spg.html

If it is any consolation APG has a habit of placing their exhibits on track-ways as seen in photos.

Cheers.

tango22a

Back