• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My Obstacles to Joining the Canadian Infantry

how is the collection agency process going Hoot?

I feel your pain though with the troubles you have, I am currently having troubles gaining confirmation of an agreement with one of mine. All will be fixed in the end :D

everything should be taken care of as of today :D, will let everyone know tomorrow when I speak to the recruiting centre.

It sucks that you hit the bump in the road with rogers. I am kind of in a similar situation myself trying to get in touch and get a letter back from the company stating that my debt has been taken care of for a while. I have been literally told 5 times a letter was sent out starting a month and a half ago but still have not received a thing. It is really starting to get on my nerves since I can't go any further with my application until I get that letter.  :brickwall:

I just had a lengthy call with them again today and they said it was sent out and there were "errors" before. So I'm crossing my fingers.

Hopefully you're situation gets cleared up soon as I know how frustrating dealing with those companies can be.

edit - Just saw your post, thats good news :)

I have been waiting for a call from them for over a month, got it today along with a direct line to the person handling my account and a fax number. Im having her fax a confirmation directly to the recruiting centre saying Ive paid my bill.

Pain in the a**, cant wait to reap the rewards of my determination though.

I doubt theres any chance of making the Jan 7 BMQ now though.

hoot33 said:
I have been waiting for a call from them for over a month, got it today along with a direct line to the person handling my account and a fax number. Im having her fax a confirmation directly to the recruiting centre saying Ive paid my bill.

Pain in the a**, cant wait to reap the rewards of my determination though.

I doubt theres any chance of making the Jan 7 BMQ now though.

Jan 7th is full I believe (read it somewhere, and possible Jan 14th at this point?)

I dont know if having it faxed directly to the CFRC was good though, I know in my case I have to write a letter to the MCC requesting a waiver on the reliability status, including when and why the debt was incurred and why it is still outstanding. And must also include verification that I have spoken to my creditors and are under satisfactory agreements with them all.

I was told a simple letter stating that I have dealt with it would be sufficient.

Anyone know the next open BMQ date?

When I asked during my interview they said earliest would be February if everything goes smoothly for me.

You might get processed faster.  My medical is still on hold until they receive an ok from my family doctor, before it gets sent to the RMO.  And I have a credit issue.  Keep in mind the Christmas season as well.  That will probably postpone things for a bit.

Don't expect much of anything to be getting done this week, and things won't be back on line until Jan 7.  Even more so in Ontario. 
Tis the season to be patient. 

Ahhh crikey! I just got a call from recruiting last week about 'my file coming back'. The only place it has been would be in the pre-sec phase and that has been nearly 2 years now. So of course I was excited and phoned immediately to see what was up? Nothing! They made a mistake and my file was still in limbo. Now that is just plain wrong!

Steiner... Suggest you go to the recruiting centre and ask to talk to a supervisor.  Someone there must be able to explain to you where your file has been and where it's going now.  »Two years of waiting without a word IS NOT RIGHT!

geo said:
Steiner... Suggest you go to the recruiting centre and ask to talk to a supervisor.  Someone there must be able to explain to you where your file has been and where it's going now.  »Two years of waiting without a word IS NOT RIGHT!

I am hoping he meant 2 weeks, cause yes Two years of waiting without any word is not good at all.

JB,
The fella has been whining for a while.  No details as to what he has, has not done & reasons for the delay have as yet not been divulged.

Ball is in his court.

geo said:
JB,
The fella has been whining for a while.  No details as to what he has, has not done & reasons for the delay have as yet not been divulged.

Ball is in his court.

I don't know why the hostile tone, but there are no secrets or tales to divulge Geo. I was out of the country for a while and it cost me a long wait, simple as that. The delays are obviously not due to something on my part as the file has been handed in - 2 years ago. Yes I have been whining for a while, and I will probably whine for a few more at this rate, but thanks for the contempt and disrespect just the same.
I joined this site to keep up with things military, and I generally post in the recruiting section, and my posts tend to be 'whiny' because I disagree with the way the forces handle things, especially my file. I did read the guidlines, and have broken them once or twice, but I certainly didn't read anywhere that I cannot be critical of the recruiting process. Let me know if I am wrong.

Steiner,
I feel your pain. I was in the same boat as you. My csis clearance took about a year and a half. From what my recruiting office told me csis does a through background check sometimes its not csis but the countries you have been to that might delay the process. For me they had to go back to United Arab Emirates, Oman and Switzerland.
I got my csis clearance this month and booked my interview and medical for jan the 8th. Now my advice to you is this dont let the wait break you down, instead use this time to train hard.

Charles M.

Steiner,
Note that it was not particularly my intention to be condescending BUT, you have chipped in some comments in this & other threads lately (unnamed parcels) which you didn't really think thru before posting.

Yes, you were out of the country and yes you submitted your paperwork two years ago.... my post 151 adresses that... you are entitled to feedback on where your application happens to be.  with computer systems THEY know where your file is and THEY know what/why it's being held up.  Time to be proactive.

My advice is "get thee to the recruiting centre and start demanding some answers" If I had been waiting two years I'd have given up or been asking some hard questions of the poeple at whatever CFRC I was dealing with. I went through the Reserve recruiting thing and when I finally asked them to provide some answers I was enrolled within a few weeks.

Steiner,
Pre sec security clearances are one of the processes that move from CFRC to DPM SEC to outside DND to another department, CSIS. They then have to approach other governments to get their information. CSIS also need to colate all the info when they get get it and prepare a report to DND. This takes time and many of the documents that are produced have some enhanced level of security that cannot easily be transmitted electronically. Therefore most replies are on paper and sent by secure mail. It all takes time. Lots of time. The more countries you have been living in the longer it takes.

As advised earlier take the time to prepare for BMQ. The wait is worth it.

Visiting, not calling, your CFRC to remind them of your interest is great. Believe them when they say they don't know when to expect a reply. They can enquire to DPM Sec but getting an answer to where your file is might take a week or so in itself. Also the more questions as to file status cuts the time they, DPM Sec, can devote to  processing the files they have.

Back