• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Miss Spelling + Their They're There - George's Rants Both Together

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Inactive
Reaction score
Eye have noticed in many posts that people Miss Spell a lot and Iam having a hard time reading they're posts, sew Eye skip two the next won and carry on.  Dose anyone else have this same problem?  Eye may bee missin a important point every time Eye dew something like that, butt Eye just cant stand to waste my thyme tryin to decifer others poor English or grammar.  Wear dew Eye go from hear?

You're help wood bee greatly appreciated.

GW

Eye sea someone has taken offence.  Wear wood that person suggest we move this thread?  Having fun with Spell Chequer is the name of the game hear.  Sew their!

Anne option two Locke this thread is also proposed.  Sew they're is sum question as two why to such options are two bee offered two the bored hear. 

Eye have chequed this too oar more thymes four spelling errors;
Their appear two bee nun. 
Shirley Eye must bee wright inn my assumption that Eye got a good i four spelling.  Wright!
Eye guess Eye am two board too cheque my spelling inn the dictionary oar two spend any thyme trying two correct my grammar.  Spell Chequer should dew that four me.

Eye am shore ewe have sum more instances of miss spellings.  Cum on....lets go four it.

GW

ROFLMAO  LOL...    this is thread is greight...  lol      ;D ;D ;D :dontpanic:

LMFAO,
That's too much.   ;D

What are the words that sound the same but are spelt differently called again?
(Dammit, I'm on vacation, I don't need to know now, ask me if I remember in a month...   ;D)

On a more serious note, usually posts that are unreadable don't contribute much to the thread, so it's safe to skip them.

Lexi: They're called synonyms; words like "their," "they're" and "there."

Heh, thanks, it slipped my mind and I was too lazy to reach for the mouse..
Like I said, I'm on vacation.  :p

Synonyms are words that have similar meanings n.

Homophones are words that sound the same but have different spellings.

And homonym is a synonym for homophone.  That should make everything clear now, write?

Write!  That hole lying was a tongue twister.  Wood it help if oui promoted the ewes of a Thesaurus?

Witch direction wood this lead us?  Dew ewe sea wear this may take off on a tangent?  Next their wood bee won or too people submitting tongue twisters, rather than a cinnamon.  Watt wood oui dew then?  Eye dew knot think oui wood bee able two stop this thread Fromm being split into to.  Whey out their inn saber space their are two Manny unknowns.

Watt dew ewe think?

GW

i sea a roll hear four a break and sum fun.  i sea sew many spelling errors and pore grammar on this sight lately, I'm amazed at wear hour education system has gone.  as i role back the years of learning i have had two go threw to get to wear i m i feel a pane of sadness in my sole.  sum wards i have found incorrectly spelled would be:

I dew think their our better way es to communicate.  Wide knot ewes them?

NOD ER WON:
A B, C D DUKS?
M R KNOT!
M R TEW!
KNOT!
O S M R, C D E D B D WINGS!
O SEW M R

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't
mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is
taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses
and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed
ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
Amzanig

Kirkpatrick's post was easier to read than George's! But you both caused me a bit of a mental meltdown  ;D

And yes, if the spelling/grammer displayed by some of the kids (anyone under 21 as far as I'm concerned) who post on this board is indicative of what our educational system is producing, we are in for a world of hurt.

:cdn:

scroo it. im tyred of th miss spelling to. its realy geting on mi nervs nou. all so the lak of capytalizashion is kyling me. butt i ges its kewl to miss spell on th internet.

srry i jest neded tu vent after reedyng a cuple posts were kyds continud to miss spell an rite kewl aftr beyng told too profe-reed.

Back