• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Minimum 2 years of school requirement

Jon_John

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

Can someone please advise on where I can find more info on the requirement for ROTP candidates to have a minimum of 2 years of school left in order to apply, for applicants who already started university prior to applying. I have less than two years left of school but was told I can't apply unless I have a minimum of two years remaining.

Just want to know if there is a way around this, i.e. If I can give more years of service back. Why is this even a requirement?

Also...does distance learning courses through RMC, i.e. For continuing studies for Res NCMs count for the university requirements. I.e. Can one do a DL program at RMC and still satisfy the ROTP university requirement?

Thanks.

Jon_John said:
Can someone please advise on where I can find more info on the requirement for ROTP candidates to have a minimum of 2 years of school left in order to apply, for applicants who already started university prior to applying. I have less than two years left of school but was told I can't apply unless I have a minimum of two years remaining.
Just want to know if there is a way around this, i.e. If I can give more years of service back. Why is this even a requirement?
Also...does distance learning courses through RMC, i.e. For continuing studies for Res NCMs count for the university requirements. I.e. Can one do a DL program at RMC and still satisfy the ROTP university requirement?

Applications for ROTP where academic studies commence this coming September needed to be submitted no later than 31 Jan 16.  The minimum period of subsidization is 2 years of academic studies.  If you will be starting your 2nd to last year of University this coming September and did not apply for ROTP in January of this year, then your application would be for studies commencing in September 2017.  Once you enter into your final year of studies, you are then eligible to apply for the DEO Entry Plan and as a result, you would no longer be eligible for the ROTP Entry Plan.

The only way around this, would be to choose an occupation that is NOT compatable with your current area of study

Thanks for the info.

Just a little bit more insight into my situation, that I suppose I should have included earlier.

I completed 3.5 of 4 years of credits at the University of Toronto in Biology. After some time away from school, I have no real desire to complete my biology degree. I'm enrolled in the CIC. So I decided to transfer my credits to the RMC DL undergrad program (available to CAF members). I only had two years worth of credits transferred over through my PLAR, so I have another 2 years of credits to complete through the DL RMC program. Can I use my enrollment into RMC (as a part time DL student) to transfer to the RegF into ROTP? Or do these DL courses not count as the ROTP university requirement.

You mentioned if I choose an occupation unrelated to my studies, that would be a way around it. How does that change the application process?

Just trying to avoid DEO (if I can), as there seem to be less available spots than ROTP.

Jon_John said:
Thanks for the info.

Just a little bit more insight into my situation, that I suppose I should have included earlier.

I completed 3.5 of 4 years of credits at the University of Toronto in Biology. After some time away from school, I have no real desire to complete my biology degree. I'm enrolled in the CIC. So I decided to transfer my credits to the RMC DL undergrad program (available to CAF members). I only had two years worth of credits transferred over through my PLAR, so I have another 2 years of credits to complete through the DL RMC program. Can I use my enrollment into RMC (as a part time DL student) to transfer to the RegF into ROTP? Or do these DL courses not count as the ROTP university requirement.

You mentioned if I choose an occupation unrelated to my studies, that would be a way around it. How does that change the application process?

Just trying to avoid DEO (if I can), as there seem to be less available spots than ROTP.

As a current serving member of the CIC, any future applications to the CAF (Reg or Res) will be processed through your local CFRC, no differently than any other application from off the street.  Your application for ROTP would have been assessed by RMC Admissions and acceptance into the ROTP Program is based on this and at RMC's discretion.  The three possible outcomes from the academic assessment/review are "Acceptable ROTP RMC or Civi U", "Acceptable Civi U only" or "Not acceptable for ROTP".

To answer your last question, it would all depend on the ES (Entry Standards) for your chosen occupation(s), in which case, you would be treated the same as an applicant who possesses NO degree or who has very limited transfer credits into the required degree path for that occupation and would be required to undertake the full program or a minimum of two years of study to complete the degree.  Off the top of my head, an example would be already having a BBA or partial completion and then applying for ROTP Nursing.

CAF Recruiting is not responsible for RMC Admissions but are merely a part of the processing and a conduit in having academic credentials reviewed for ROTP acceptability.

Back