• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Discounts List

In the State's, if you show military ID (this includes CF), you will get discounts on air tickets, train, bus, movies, hotels, tourist attractions such as museums, six flags, etc, most of the major one.

Also don't forget you can use your CF military ID for the specific R&R centers here in the U.S. there is one located in DisneyWorld in Florida. They have a website and as soon as I can locate it, I will post it...it has a golfcourse, and all the amenities and is located right on the disney property.

If anyone in the CF is traveling to the U.S. and needs specific information on military discounts to specific locations, please feel free to send me a message

:)  emmiee

Here are some other sites if you haven't already found them

www.armymwr.com    has the AFRC listing on it

www.shadesofgreen.org  AFRC Disney location

www.militarydiscounts.com  i really didn't look through this site that much

emmiee

Last time I checked, Shades of Green (the Disney World resort) was only for US Active Duty, retired and foreign military serving on a US defence establishment.

However, that was in late-2004, and I know that Shades completed a major expansion in 2005.  Can anyone confirm if this has changed?  Shades is by far one of the best resorts you can stay at on the Park grounds.

Shades of Green does allow CF members under circumstances and conditions. You would need to call them directly. Yes, they did go under a major renovation which is now complete.

My significant other is in the CF, I do live in the states...I called them about a year ago, and we would have been eligible to stay. Basically it has to do with timing, type of service and a few other things, and you can make a reservation up to a year in advance.
emmiee

GM has a discount for people in the US military ($5000 of any new vehicle), so I assume they probably have one for Canada too. You will probably have to contact them to find out.

muskrat89 said:
Yeah - not sure how appropriate it was, but I always asked for the Govt Rate, at hotels and motels - and showed my Military ID

Be carefull about asking Hotels for Government Rate, it's sometimes higher then the posted Rack Rates.  I know, I work for the City of Vancouver.

My military store gives a 15% discount to all military and cadet members. You can find us at www.sgtbilkos.ca

http://www.edmonton.ca/CommPeople/Salutes/discount_program.pdf

For those located close to Edmonton

BowCycle and Motor of Calgary Alberta

:cdn:"We Support Our Troops Program" :cdn:

Bowcycle and Motor of Calgary Alberta is pleased to announce the "We Support Our Troops" program. All current service personal, retired service personal, RCMP and Police services are now eligible to receive 15% off all parts and accessories. Excluding already sale priced items. Proof of service is required at time of purchase, just mention Army.ca to your salesperson in order to receive your discount. Shortly to follow will be military discounts on new Snowmoblies, ATVs and Motorcycles. :salute:

Motorcycles with a 15% discount. Now that may be pretty substantial. I've been contemplating doing the Niagara Falls to Vancouver cruise for years. Maybe I'll fly to Calgary once they have that deal in place, buy mine, then ride it back. That sounds like a plan. Now I just have to make up my mind... Victory 8-Ball or Triumph Sprint ST. 2 different worlds, not sure which one I would miss yet.

For people in Victoria, BC the list of discounts is attached to the base newspaper "The Lookout".

Link to the discounts is below. 

http://www.lookoutnewspaper.com/discount.htm

Running room 10%discount (got it yesturday)

can jet, not sure percent but a plane ticket went from 273 to 230...If i cared I guess i could do the math...but alas I dont.

You may want to check with the various Car Rental Agencys....I know when I worked for one we gave Military members a %...all that was required was an I.D. card.

SpinDoc said:
Greyhound Buses
10% discount with ID

That discount is an insult, ten percent is nothing. At least the cheap bastards GIVE military discounts, as they don't for students.

0007 said:
That discount is an insult, ten percent is nothing. At least the cheap bastards GIVE military discounts, as they don't for students.

1 - That post was made 3 years ago !!!

2- Since you are not in the military , why are you insulted ?

0007 said:

Yes they do have a 10% student discount, (as of Christmas).  And I'm grateful for whatever I can get.

If anyone is looking for discounts in Ottawa, the Chimo hotel, across from the St Laurent shopping mall (sp?) gives a 10% discount.  There is no free continental breakfast though.

Enterprise rent a car gives a good discount as well.

Always ask, even if they don't give a military discount, they may try their best to give you some kind of discount.

Some MFRCs have copies of who provides discounts and the amount of same.  Not sure if all do.

The Marriot hotel chain offers discounts when you present a DND card, but like others have said, checking their lowest rate first is your first option before asking for the DND rate. 

Dave.

Back