• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Discounts List

Looks like those living in Kingston get a nice hookup; however, Vancouver is pretty lacking.

That's it..I'm moving to Kingston!  hehehe.  I just called our local YMCA's, as in Hamilton/Burlington and GTA.  None offer any sort of discount...  :(

For those that are divers Union Bay dive and Kayak 15% for all military members.

Hey Troops!

Not sure if this is the right place for this. I'm sure someone will move it to where it's supposed to be.
As a member of the US Army for most of the 80's, I always appreciated the military discount offered at hotels, restaurants, etc. I don't see much of that happening here.

I'm not sure how appropriate it is to post this here, ( perhaps an entire thread will develop of places offering military discounts) but here is mine. For any troops reserve, recruiters, reg force, in the London Ontario region, we would like to show our apprecaition to the troops and offer a discount on meals.

You may view, or download and post, our poster at http://volcanotequila.com/

Thanks again, for all you  do!

Under the Volcano

I'm not sure but I think it's Parks Board that runs it. Anyway, I'm ex Military myself and looking for gym buddy. Any volunteers?

DnA said:
I heard theirs a gym at Kit‘s beach that gives CF members access to the gym for free, just gotta prove your in the CF( like showing your Military ID)

http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/news/2006/01/09_e.asp

gm discount on new cars

finplan said:
http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/news/2006/01/09_e.asp

gm discount on new cars

Go figure, I just bought a new car 6 months ago before this discount came out.

bwatch said:
Go figure, I just bought a new car 6 months ago before this discount came out.

I seem to recall hearing about this a few years ago, our TPT SGT showed me an e-mail, so it might not be just recent, or maybe they are doing it again, our BQMS has a big list of places that offer discounts I will see if I can get ahold of it and pass it on

Upon reading the fine print, the offer was  over 2 oct 2006.  Will write an email to GM asking for an extension.  in my mind, this should be ongoing, much like the old CF Auto club in the 60-70s.  Unfortunately there is not much of a margin on new cars these days, but this is win win for any manafacturer, especially one that makes millions from DND.
Jack

“At General Motors we are proud to support all of our armed forces, active members, reservists and veterans,” says Marc Comeau, vice-president, sales, services and marketing, General Motors of Canada. “This offer is a small way that we can show our appreciation for their dedication to our country and the rest of the world.”

All active service personnel, current reservists and veterans of the Canadian Forces, along with their spouses, are eligible to participate in the program.

“Members interested in receiving the bonus just need to show one of the following pieces of identification – a permanent ID card for active personnel, temporary ID card for reservists, a veteran’s card and a benefit card for spouses and surviving spouses survivors,” says GM spokesperson Adria MacKenzie.

The $500 bonus is available towards the purchase or lease of most new General Motors (GM) vehicles and may be used in conjunction with most other retail incentives.

Eligible vehicles must be delivered between now and October 2, 2006. Headquartered in Oshawa Ontario, General Motors of Canada employs more than 20,000 people nationwide.

Wrote Gm last night to extend discount and got the fol response

Mr. XXX XXX thank you for your mail.

In response to your inquiry, we confirm that General Motors of Canada Limited (GMCL) is pleased to announce an exclusive $500.00 offer available to Canadian Forces Service personnel, as follows:

* active service personnel
* current reservists
* veterans
* spouses and surviving spouses of the above groups

This offer is designed to extend our appreciation to service personnel for their selfless duty to our country and to their fellow Canadians.  This $500.00 offer is available towards the purchase, finance, or lease of any new, ELIGIBLE 2005, 2006 or 2007 GM vehicle with a delivery date between October 3, 2006, and December 31, 2007. Our dealership sales staffs are familiar with the terms and guidelines of the various advertised promotions, incentives and financing options that are available to you, and they are in the best position to respond to your inquiries.  To locate a GM dealership in your area, please link onto:

http://apps.gmcanada.com/app/GMCanada/DealerLocatorSearch.do?nav=0&cta=blank&lang=en

We appreciate your interest, and thank you for contacting GMCL.  Please visit our website again!

Heather Cameron-Johnston
Management Review Representative
Customer Communication Centre

This offer is designed to extend our appreciation to service personnel for their selfless duty to our country and to their fellow Canadians.
between October 3, 2006, and December 31, 2007.

How's that for heart felt patriotism?

Jerks.  ::)

Troop Supporter said:

I'm not following.  How does this qualify them as being jerks?

Troop Supporter said:

Ummm you do realize that is a year and a quarter right?

Me for one, take the good stuff like this, and say "thanks!".

And as a NCO, I am used to the "don't come to me with a problem unless you have a solution to offer" type mentality that my Troop leaders had. 

So...you identified the problem.  Now...step up!

If you are in the Lethbridge Alberta area the Canadian Martial Arts Centre waves all sign up fees and give the coperate rate to all members of the Canadian Forces. Saves at least $10.00 a month on membership and over $100.00 in sign up fees.

I saw that moores gives discounts in Fredericton. Does anyone know if any other companies here do?

Zer02006 said:
I saw that moores gives discounts in Fredericton. Does anyone know if any other companies here do?

Go into the MFRC right outside the front gate to base and pick up the pamphlet. They have a pamphlet in there that lists all the company's in Fredericton/Oromocto and surrounding areas that give mil discounts. There is a heck of a lot of them.

There are over 900 companies in Canada listed at www.cfdiscounts.ca with more being added all the time.  On top of that, you can e-mail them information about discounts in your area for them to follow up on and get added to the site and on top of that, they say they will be giving 50% of ad revenue back to the MFRC's or Royal Canadian Legions!!

I frequently stay in hotels on Provincial Government business (verified by my Ministry of Health ID) and get great rates. Last was as the new Courtyard by Marriott in Hamilton, Ontario (on Upper James). The regular rate was about $300/night and got it for $109, and the place was great, highly reccomended by our whole crew. Discount rates often don't include perks, like breakfast, or for rental cars the km are often limited, so be sure to check these things first.

Approved by Mike.

Just approved by my company last week, I posted the following at my cash desk.

As a way of saying, Thank You to our Armed Forces, we are pleased to offer a discount of 15% on all personal use items. Military ID must be shown.

Sorry that I have to stress the personal part.

edit to add Sports Experts Mic Mac Mall location Dartmouth N.S.

Back