• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Merged 64 Pattern Rucksack thread

• Thread starter PTE Gruending
  • Start date

What is the better ruck sack?

• CF Issue Rucksack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pack 64 Jump Ruck

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
Second to PhilB

Canadian Peacekeeper stuff is crap, it is made poorly, cheaply and is comparable in price to the real deal, as has been mentioned. For Civilian purposes, buy a civilian ruck, they are far better than anything the army has - yet. If you really feel the need to spend some $$$, buy an arc'teryx from their LEAF (Law Enforcement Armed Forces) Program. This is truly quality gear.

As to the use of a 64 pattern ruck, you can only attach a good waistbelt with SIGNIFICANT modifications. If you lack an industrial strength sewing machine, you will have to find one.

In the army we use the 64 because it is the best thing available TO US, not because we have a choice.

I'm assuming GO is in the 3rd and in a jump coy and that the cp 64 ruck accessories can't handle being smacked into the ground when they jump, that being said, I have a CP bag, waist belt, backpad, and shoulder straps and I never had problem yet in the last 2 years since I purchased it. And thats on exercise's, courses, pt and using it on my own. I don't know maybe it's the way owner configures it, I honestly couldn't tell you. Another good place (from what I hear) is dropzone, a little pricy, but good quality kit! :salute: :cdn:

Well, based on the mixed reviews I've gotten, I might just hold out until I go to basic, and make a decision after that, or, if some big hike does appear on the horizon, bite the CP-bullet, and just get the pack and make up my own mind.

Once again, thak you for the replies, gentlemen.

All I'm saying is that for that amount of money, there is better stuff out there.

Blackhawk
Kifaru
Dropzone
MEC

etc...

Cincinnatus, actually you can't purchase the '64 Ruck from CP.  What they provide is the accessories to replace the original gear, straps etc.  You have to find the frame.  They also provide the pack itself which they advertise as '20% bigger' than the original.  For what I do now, I can get along with the original smaller pack putting any extras in the valise.  The replacement yokes, shoulder straps and hip pad that CP sell are superior to the originals.  If one is able to somehow wreck this stuff, 'they could tear the horn off an anvil' as my Dad use to say!!

LF(CMO) said:
If one is able to somehow wreck this stuff, 'they could tear the horn off an anvil' as my Dad use to say!!

I've been known to hit the gym before bear 'wrasslin once or twice <spits tobacco, adjusts self>  :D

hey there, regarding the 64 pattern jump frame.
I believe Beavers surplus in Toronto will have these frames on hand to purchase
End of September early part of October.

regards
Jamie

Does anyone here own a CADPAT version of the 64-pattern ruck from Canadian Peacekeeper? 

Bomber for Life has one, seems more than impressed with it.

everyone that ive talked to that owns a 64 ruck loves it. i havent heard one negative comment about it. but myself, im not above spending money on gucci kit, but i use the small pack system, when u put all the puches on the small pack it can easily be used as a 64 ruck, and i personally find it more comfortable than the 82 pattern ruck.

I have had my 64 pattern ruck for 12 yrs and love it.  I have replaced the bag a few times and even the frame. My latest bag I got from a Mat Tech buddy who makes them in CADPAT. Now the only problem I have is I cannot wear it for the BFT.....in an O grp last week, we got passed on that the  Bde RSM (1CMBG) has ordered that" only 82 pattern rucks for the BFT from now on"! :crybaby: Let's hope that he leaves that chair prior to my next BFT!

I haven't seen anyrucks in the cadpat design yet, but I'm sure they will be out soon.
You can check the surplus stores in your area, sometimes they come accross with some interesting pieces from time to time. :dontpanic:

There is a surplus store located in Toronto, I believe it is called Beavers surplus, you can
try them. I know they have the 64 pattern ruck frame.They seem to have a good supply of the good stuff !!

Regards

The '64 pattern bags the surplus store in West Ed Mall aren't that great IMO, since the mainbag is pretty small, an can't hold a lot.

Unless you do a lot of modifications to the '82 bag, you won't be able to mount it anywhere but on top on the frame on the '64 frame.

And yes, you can attach all the '82 patt parts to the '64 frame, although the lowerback pad needs some modification to fit.

Dropzone and Canadian Peacekeeper both make '64 bags, yokes, etc.

Instructions on putting the US lightweight ruck(same as the '64 ruck) together.
http://www.thevietnam-database.co.uk/HowtoRuck/Attaching.htm

Here's a pic of my ruck with the '64 frame an '82 bag, yoke and CP '64 lowerback/hip pad.

thanks guys my question was answered but is it possible to attach the kidney pad from the 82 yoke assemble on the 64 frame?

Brendo_51 said:
thanks guys my question was answered but is it possible to attach the kidney pad from the 82 yoke assemble on the 64 frame?

With modification yes. The straps on the '82 lowerback/kidney pad are to short to wrap around the '64 frame, so you have to lengthen them.

Other option is to stitch the pad to the ruck frame with paracord by punchign eyelettes thru the pad.

Many sources make versions of the new issue jump bag. 

The PPCLI kitshop has bags in CADPAT as well (done by DropZone)

Is it possible to get the 64 pattern rucksack issued without going on a jump course, just from the clothing stores?

NO

Jump Rucks are issued by the CQ's of Jump Units.

LNNA
I'll give you a hint - it end with Needs Not Apply   ;D

BTW - Thanks for starting your own topic when a topic on 64 Pattern rucks is three lines below.  ::)

Back