• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Merged 64 Pattern Rucksack thread

• Thread starter PTE Gruending
  • Start date

What is the better ruck sack?

• CF Issue Rucksack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pack 64 Jump Ruck

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
Brendo_51 said:
thanks guys my question was answered but is it possible to attach the kidney pad from the 82 yoke assemble on the 64 frame?

Yes it is, and without lengthening anything. You just need to put some elbow grease into it, or have a friend help you. Nothing needs to be lengthened. Just pull really hard.

Now if the '64 pattern ruck thread' gets merged with the 'my girlfriend pointed at me and laughed' thread things could turn tragic.

Tom

GO!!! said:
Yes it is, and without lengthening anything. You just need to put some elbow grease into it, or have a friend help you. Nothing needs to be lengthened. Just pull really hard.

Looking at it after it is posted, this quote could have a plethora of amusing applications...

Wow, I really shouldn't have read that in class, I could barely contain my laughter. No my prof thinks I'm crazy for liking calculus so much

No, the 84 pattern ruck is not still available for really small people although I get chits from the MIR all the time telling me to issue it to someone or another here at Clothing Stores. We refer them to our local Army surplus outlet and tell them to see the MIR for re-imbursement of their money. The only 84 pattern rucks (jump rucks) are now held and controlled by CPC in Trenton as only jumpers are entitled... they distribute to the jump Coys out there. The only little people who still have them are those who managed to get them before they became obsolete for the rest of us.
I still have use of one (and not because I work at Clothing) because niner domestic (hee hee hee he'll love that) served with 3Cdo from 85-95 and CPC from 97-03, and never did exchange for the "new" one...soon to be old one. One of my Cpls here at clothing has the 84 frame with the new bag on it. His sleeping bag is mounted on top. No gun tape was involved but we did have to scive mountains of 550 cord from the RCR to accomplish this. He just wore it for the 13K and thought it was great...so it can be done...

Now, to be a bit of a nay-sayer, I hated carrying the C2 (64) Ruck.  With heavy loads, it dug the bottom bar into the rear of the hip bones of us skinny guys. I think the 82 is a much better ruck to carry, but the 64 is a better ruck to live out of.  Mainly because it doesn't fall over and dump your gotch in the snow.

The C2 stayed as a jump ruck for obvious reasons. besides, we could - and did - jump with our SMGs tied to the ruck frame .

Most of the people who love the C2/64 don't love it as OEM, but after they have tricked it out with after mkt acc, including a lot of 82 parts, in some cases.

Tom

I own a 64 Patten Ruck for the past 20 years. When the 82s came out I put the bag and straps on the 64 frame as soon as found one as a cadet. Lots of trials and errors at first and it still works great for all these years

PSSSST

I know for a fact that 1 Cadet Training Centers in ON have 64 Patt Rucks (NEW) and lots of them. The supply techs treat them like they are gold knowing that some people will borrow parts from them to fix their own.

Regarding the 64 pattern ruck frame,
I have been told that Beavers Surplus exchange on Dufferin Street in Toronto will
soon have these for sale. Not sure of the price but these will be brand new. My guess is that you will see them mid to end October. I have 1 pre ordered so when they come in I won't have to be told they are all sold out. Give them a call and place an order. I have also been told that if you order ex amount the price will be less.
  Cheers !!

The 64 pattern ruck won't be a concern in the near future though, as the last few are cycling through the system right now.

As they are broken, they are going to be replaced by the US ALICE packs, for those of us entitled to have them issued.

So stock up now!

I'm not going to give any details other than that there is a really shiny piece of kit in the pipeline for those who use the 64 and it's not being done by CTS.  ;)

Matt_Fisher said:
I'm not going to give any details other than that there is a really shiny piece of kit in the pipeline for those who use the 64 and it's not being done by CTS.  
spill it! Give!

Pipeline for whom? What is it?! It's 3 am, and I WAS planning on going to sleep, but now I just might stay up clicking refresh until you tell us ;D

More details to follow in early the November timeframe.  Certainly alot faster than CTS timeline for fielding the new ruck.  ;D

Matt_Fisher said:
More details to follow in early the November timeframe.   Certainly alot faster than CTS timeline for fielding the new ruck.    ;D

I've seen it - it's slick.... :warstory:

You guys really are getting a kick out of this aren't you  ;)

Who will this shiny piece of kit be issued to?

Back