• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medium/Heavy Lift Helos

How do our F-18's get there? I suppose we can pre pos them ashore somewhere, since ships are notoriously slow. the USMC also has harriers, as well as the requisite attack choppers. It seems to me there must be a hole in the plan to shuttle Canada's Marines ashore by Helo, if there is no protection for theAirships crew and troops. Off topic a bit (ok alot), who fetches the aircrew if they do get shot down? Yipes scary thought for me! To end back on topic, The Chinook is the way to go, based on its Canadian attributes of adaptability robust construction and proven track record. Alas, the 101 is too high maintenance to take the punishment. Is there new varient Sea Stallion/ voyageur/Labradors out there? Sigh... dare to dream

The Americans fetch the aircrew, and only if they're Advanced SERE trained. I've been told that even if only 1 guy isn't trained, they probably wouldn't go get them.

Back