• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Math for signals

bigabe said:
clackity clackity ... filling out online ILP form... clackity clackity ...*poof* now doing the distance ed Cisco course on DNDs dime.

I doubt that ILP will be approved.  The reimbursement program says "Courses can be directly related to current job or MOC, but must supplement, not replace, training or education required for the members current job or MOC".  I think you'll find that ICND1/ICND2/CCNA boot camp courses are too closely related to a Sig Op/LCIS Tech/ATIS Tech job function for CDA to fund the training.  Anyone I know who has those quals got them by the unit paying for the course because the member was employed in a position requiring those skills.

I've only ever heard of things like SCUBA Diving and Equestrian Appreciation being denied.  All it takes is a substantiation paragraph.  The better you write it, the more likely to get approved.  There's techs who have done everything from Classic German Cinema to Network+ and A+ that work in CNR shops.  Not quite CCNA mind, but same idea.

Really, its an online form.  No harm in filling it out, worst case scenario is you get an email saying 'Denied: [Reason]'

There is quite a bit of time before any of those types of courses would be something to delve into, I just like having a few generalized goals that point me in the right direction and fine tune them when the opportunities come up. 

Delta26 said:
Just a question here, but I'm looking at LCIS, and am a+ certified..  If I gave my recruiter all the details in regards to what the knowledge required  to pass the exams, would that help me any?

Not in the slightest.

I saw that  someone said to brush up on basics like addition, subtraction, ratios and suchwhat, and near the start of the thread someone had brought up things like calculus, and other advanced functions of math.
Are such advanced academic methods necessary to be knowledgeable in as an NCO, as well as as an officer?
Is there a ton of memorization of formulae? What level of prejudice is exhibited against a single mistake on the CFAT, if you're allowed to answer that? 

Back