• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Finally started the process to join

CivJuniorProgrammer

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I finally pulled the trigger after many months of debating on whether to join the forces or not and I decided to drive myself to the recruiting center and have a chat! Long story short it went well talking to a recruiter signed myself up for ATIS TECH, IS TECH and SIGING. My full day processing is on October 5th and I'll be writing my CFAT that morning I'm nervous to say the least lol The main reason I'm posting is if someone could tell me a little bit more of the type of math I should be studying for the exam as in some specifics on the math and where i could find study material for spacial awareness and pattern recognition as well. I've done a few practice CFAT's now of course and you start to just memorize the answers after a while so it feels like cheating at this point haha

Also if any ATIS, IS Techs and SIGING could give me some pros and cons of the jobs that would be great as well! Thanks :)

Glad you took the first step on applying!

The mathematics portion of the CFAT is consist of Grade 10 algebra problems but you're not allowed to use a calculator, so you may want to brush up on learning how to divide fairly quickly since the time limit will also be the main obstacle you have to deal with while going through the questions.

I reccommend using either the CFAT Trainer app if you prefer studying on mobile, or going on army-test since both of them provide great practice questions you will most likely see on the CFAT. However, you're gonna have to pay in order to gain full access to their resources but it's definietly worth it since a lot of applicants are qualified for their desired trade and have a high percentile overall. Completely up to you if you're willing to spend a bit of money.

Unfortunately, I don't have that much knowledge on the trades your recruiter signed you up but hopefully someone here can answer that for you.

But yeah, best of luck through the application process!

Thank you for the motivating words! And yeah I have the cfat trainer app on my phone and what's the army-test website your referring to exactly? with the pay wall, I don't mind spending a bit of money for extra practice and to ensure I pass.

Thank you for the motivating words! And yeah I have the cfat trainer app on my phone and what's the army-test website your referring to exactly? with the pay wall, I don't mind spending a bit of money for extra practice and to ensure I pass.

This was the website I've used when studying for the CFAT exam. Unfortunately the price may have risen up a bit which was around $30 CAD last time I've purchased the 6 month subscription deal. But since you already gotten the CFAT Trainer App on your phone which is good enough since they also provide similar questions you will see on the CFAT. Completely up to you if you want to try out army-test but it definetly helped me a lot and a couple of CAF member I've talked to.

Back