• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

LSVW and ILTIS Replacements (Silverado & G Wagon)?

• Thread starter Thread starter PTE_Lui
  • Start date Start date
old medic said:
Sounds an awful lot lick they replaced the CUCV's
It would be more accurate to say the PRes' Iltis have been replaced by a vehicle that should have replaced PRes' LSVWs.

Too bad there are no MILCOTS lined up to replace the LSVWs in the reserve units.  A standard cab version would be ideal for this (unlike the more common crewcab MILCOTS), and it would simmplify driver training & vehicle maintenance problems.

The line milcot has the same payload (clack) as the line LSVW... though the truck itself is different from the other milcots... (Double rear axle)

I imagine they could load a pod on the milcott just like they have the clack... sure would make this sig op happy if they did.. hell if your working with NCCIS gear, you could even use the cargo milcot really... shame they won't trade us our LS's for more :(

Of course, doing so would limit the mobility of the dets... the linemen are already pretty angry about the milcot line truck... fine if you're only laying line along a road, but it's not as if that's the only place line needs to go...

Quote from Just a SigOp:
though the truck itself is different from the other milcots... (Double rear axle)

or dual wheels? Don't think I've ever seen a six wheel, three axle pickup.

recceguy said:
Quote from Just a SigOp:
though the truck itself is different from the other milcots... (Double rear axle)

LandRover makes them.  I believe that there was one in contention for the Iltis/LUVW replacement.

GW

Ya know George, I was going to say "except the Long Landy" but it's not a pickup in the true sense of the word, and I figured most would know the difference. I guess they're not keeping you busy enough with your out clearance and stuff, huh? Hell, I'd just come in at lunch and hang around the mess. What are they gonna do, fire ya. ;D

right... no offroad.. another unit that will remain un-named i know already went and tested thier new milcott.. blew all four tires... i have no idea... but they did. ofcourse they wern't offroad tires.. needless to say i'm sure it never went over well, but thier millcott is back in the parkinglot now.. so they got it back after thier fun run..

Pte.M13 said:
right... no offroad.. another unit that will remain un-named i know already went and tested thier new milcott.. blew all four tires... i have no idea... but they did. ofcourse they wern't offroad tires.. needless to say i'm sure it never went over well, but thier millcott is back in the parkinglot now.. so they got it back after thier fun run..

Sounds like operator error to me. (Negligence maybe?)

yup, though the tires they come with i guess arn't so good offroad, not that we can go offroad anyways... *sigh* why do they do this too us :( nice new trucks, can't do anythin with em...

You're right the tires aren't the greatest for x country use, but all 4.  Sounds to me like abuse. 1 or 2 is usually "accidental", 4 however is not.  Again sounds like someone trying to out drive the truck.  You'd think that after breaking all their Xmas toys they'd get the point ;D.

recceguy said:
Quote from Just a SigOp:

You are correct, and that's what I mean, you'll have to forgive me if it was the wrong terminology, as that's what I've always heard it referred to as (Though i never could understand why)

MCG said:
It would be more accurate to say the PRes' Iltis have been replaced by a vehicle that should have replaced PRes' LSVWs.

Agreed. That was just my dry humour.

recceguy said:
Quote from Just a SigOp:

Dodge has one in the works called the T REX six wheel drive and all that

some of you are talking about what you think the new vehicles would be but i personally think that we should get the lamborghini LM002.i know you are probally saying that a lamborghini is really not practical but those of you who know ur cars would know that in 1977 lambourghini had a compitition with AM for the military contract.AM came out with the humvee and lamorghini came out with the LM002.the only reason AM won was because the humvee was alot cheeper but the LM002 is probabally a better truck for the military life.sorry i couldnt figure out how to put a pic on
i am not all that great with computers but just search google images if you want to see what they look like.

The basic military version was a four seater that was stripped down to the basics and had gun ports in the roof above the rear seats. There were six seater variants and some open top models. Civilian versions were equipped like a home on four wheels. Every luxury was included but even so it did not capture the imagination of many buyers and was not considered a great success. The LM002 did see some small measure of competition, a factory backed racer was even to enter in the infamous Paris Dakar race in 1988. However this project was put to rest because of financial problems the company was facing at the time.

The Lm002 was first shown in 1982 and later in production form in 1986 when it entered production. It is hard to ascertain the exact numbers of LM002s that were produced but it seems that over 300 were created, with almost half of these seeing service in the Saudi Arabian Army. The rest went mostly to private buyers and a smattering of other armies make up the rest. The final model was produced in 1992. Trying to buy one these days would involve a trip overseas and a large wedge of cash to secure one as most would cost the same as your average house. This isn't such a bad proposition since someone has to put GM Hummer buyers in their place.

http://www.car.co.nz/4wd.asp?articleid=5215

Just in case someone thought doka_man was RTFO  :)

Back