• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

LGBTQ Stuff (split from other political threads)

If it was a group of men from said countries, the righter-leaning parts of the MSM (NaPo and the Sun series) would highlight that.

If it was a group of white guys, the lefter-leaning parts of the MSM would highlight that.

That is why it’s a bit strange to me that neither the Toronto Sun article nor the CTV one (I don’t have a subscription to Saltwire) says anything about the ethnicity of the group. The UK Sun (which is somehow even more tabloid-y than the Canadian Sun series) does mention “Middle Eastern”, but if they said the sun rose from the east and set in the west, I would fact-check it from another source before believing it.
One gets a sense of their identity when watching the video.

Reactions: ueo
Like the halting of the Toronto Gay Pride Parade, it seems a certain segment of the population thinks that it has a right to do what the heck they want without consequences.

They are doing whatever the heck they want because no one says they can't otherwise. Seeing the left attacking the left however is really quite comical. Left woke wars is 🍿 material.

They are doing whatever the heck they want because no one says they can't otherwise. Seeing the left attacking the left however is really quite comical. Left woke wars is 🍿 material.
It's hard for the left, because of the ever changing grievance pyramid. The driving force of the left is the oppressed vs the oppressor. But this is a changing and moving target. Also full of things like "Gays for Palestine" which I am sure most can't their minds around.

In the end the whole point of all this is not rights or freedoms for oppressed people or groups its just to weaken and damage the western countries and civilization.

In the end the whole point of all this is not rights or freedoms for oppressed people or groups its just to weaken and damage the western countries and civilization.
Exactly correct. To divide and weaken.

Like the halting of the Toronto Gay Pride Parade, it seems a certain segment of the population thinks that it has a right to do what the heck they want without consequences.
CognitiveDissonanceIntensifies.jpg

So you're saying 300 of us dress like Spartans.....clearly you haven't seen any of us in a Speedo....

c2b6c3b905caad610cce009fc7715405.jpg

Has Trudeau sent thoughts and prayers or expressed his deep concerns over the lesbian couple getting stopped by 10 men (during pride month no less) on his Twitter account yet?

Has Trudeau sent thoughts and prayers or expressed his deep concerns over the lesbian couple getting stopped by 10 men (during pride month no less) on his Twitter account yet?
If he does it will be him kneeling and crying a fuckin river like he always does.

Meanwhile, at John Deere...

View attachment 86659

The statement came about a week after filmmaker Robby Starbuck released a video report on several “woke” policies at John Deere, saying he found the company was “funding a pride event for kids as young as 3,” asking employees to “list their ‘preferred pronouns’ on all communications,” promoting a “United for Equity” program among accounting and finance teams, and forming “LGBTQ & race-based identity groups at corporate.”
Deere is not the first this summer to make major shifts to its diversity plan. After being attacked for promoting minority and gender-affirming policies, Tractor Supply Co. also chose to reverse course, announcing in June that it would ax DEI goals and positions and cease sponsorship of “nonbusiness activities” such as pride festivals and voting campaigns, intending to focus more on “rural America priorities.”

“will no longer participate in or support external social or cultural awareness parades, festivals or events,”

I'm wondering how they define or determine the social or cultural context of a parade, festival or event.

The City here won't lift a finger to help restart the Canada Day parade, but bends over backwards to promote LGBTetc stuff. If the Pride want colourful sidewalks let them pay for it. They want a parade, let them organize it, get permits, pay for most of the costs. We see how committed they are when it's a case of putting their money on the table.

The City here won't lift a finger to help restart the Canada Day parade, but bends over backwards to promote LGBTetc stuff. If the Pride want colourful sidewalks let them pay for it. They want a parade, let them organize it, get permits, pay for most of the costs. We see how committed they are when it's a case of putting their money on the table.

What other events do the levels of government provide services or funding to and what is the impact? I don't see much all that much objection for support to professional sports teams looking for venues in which to earn money. The usual justification for providing such support is economics; they generate local spending.

One Canadian example of the economic impact of Pride parades/festivals

Contribution to the GDP increased to over $500 million and generated combined tax revenues of over $230 million. The Pride Festival also supported the creation of over 4,700 jobs.

I couldn't find any similar statistics on Canada Day celebrations in Toronto, but I have seen reference to the positive economic benefit of Pride events for the cities that hold them.

Back