• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Kit Question

Colours, aging and longetivity will depend on the varying quality of berets such as Belgique, Parkhurst, DND-Issue.  Much like the quality of the soldier and his appearance, it sometimes becomes apparent upon first glance. 

The Librarian said:
Actually, we call for fadeable material in the contract!! No, but seriously, that way, we can tell from a distance who's got TI (that's Time-In).  >:D

How can you do that, when I keep getting told to get a new one  ;D

Well we could mention the fact that is the light reflecting off the beret at various different angles causing it to refract at different wavelengths causing distortion to the visual spectrum thus confusing the brain when the eye translates the image into neuron impulses and causing one to actually think that they are seeing a colour that in fact they are not due to the intiricate ways that the brain works.

George Wallace said:
Well we could mention the fact that is the light reflecting off the beret at various different angles causing it to refract at different wavelengths causing distortion to the visual spectrum thus confusing the brain when the eye translates the image into neuron impulses and causing one to actually think that they are seeing a colour that in fact they are not due to the intiricate ways that the brain works.

And what did your first RSM say to your scientific response when he asked you why your beret was so faded, George?  ;D

Hmph...
You can replace your beret every year.... or every six months if you really want to.
Logistek unicorp allows you to order two each year - no reason to have crap hats.

I keep my berets on a two year cycle.  This year's garrison beret becomes next year's field beret AND Last year's field beret gets retired!

For someone to be going round with a seven year old beret that is worn down to the cord - young man needs some talking to.

Sig_Des said:
And what did your first RSM say to your scientific response when he asked you why your beret was so faded, George?  ;D

Prolly say "you've gotta be drunk OR I've gotta be drunk - cause I can't figure out a single word of what you have said"

Geo...

I undestand the guy attachement to his berret...I personnaly love my old things.  and in the cadet life...some time its hard to get new stuff because the CIC tend to priorise the new cadet...always sating...hey you can live with it a little longer....

Old berets look "ratty"
they have lost their colour and for the most part, they stink of sweat, bug juice and who knows what else.  Given that everyone can get two new berets each year, it is not much to ask for - replace the darned old smelly rat you've got perched on your head

old man neri said:
www.logistikunicorp.com

You can probably find a beret there, not sure if it is the one your looking for. I don't think you can do name tags there.

Question regarding this website, it says I am not eligible to use the logistik service. Is this because I have not finished BMQ and am not an "official" member of the CF or?

As well, what exactly do they sell there? What is "non-operational clothing"?

PAT-Platoon said:
Question regarding this website, it says I am not eligible to use the logistik service. Is this because I have not finished BMQ and am not an "official" member of the CF or?

As well, what exactly do they sell there? What is "non-operational clothing"?

Correct, if you have less than one year of service your account should not be active as you would still visit Clothing Stores for exchanges.

A search of this site will pull up many more details of this for you.

cdnaviator said:
Dont waste your money....go to your unit suply section or Orderly room and get some FREE ones ordered

True, if you want to wait for several months to get your nametapes through the system, or you can spend a little with us and get them within a few days.  Your choice.

Matt_Fisher said:
True, if you want to wait for several months to get your nametapes through the system, or you can spend a little with us and get them within a few days.  Your choice.

Months? Maybe on some bases??? It's 3 weeks for us. Why? Because IAW federal law that says we must use the National Contract, there is a minimum order required. Perhaps small units take a little longer then as they have less people ordering nametapes?

I dunno. Just a thought. But if people are waiting any longer than 30 days (that's the contracted delivery time) at a large Unit...somethings wrong at Clothing Stores...and that can be fixed.

30 days would be nice. I've been waiting over a year and a half now. ::)

boehm said:
30 days would be nice. I've been waiting over a year and a half now. ::)

Can you read? If it's been over 30 days...there's a problem, at clothing!! Obviously yours were never ordered!!

If they were ordered...the contractor has 30 days to deliver. Exactly my point, if it's more than 30 days...talk to clothing.

::) ::) ::)

If it were a perfect world, then we wouldn't have been in business over 23 years supplying troops with that which the system does not.  You're right about the contractual obligations, as I've talked to your former peers at Clothing Stores at 3 ASU in Gagetown, and they rarely have Apparel Trimmings, the company that has the national contract, deliver on time.  Yet when the contract comes up for rebidding, they continue to win, because they bid so ridiculously low that their lack of performance is outweighed by their lowball price and PWGSC awards them the contract.  You get what you pay for I suppose.  ::)

An advantage of CP Gear's name tags is their speedy delivery and the customizability (try getting a nametag through the system that says "Chewbacca").  All my nametags are through CP Gear... but, I find they don't quite fit the velcro tab exactly and now I've got some odd wear in my right armpit.  

The Librarian said:
Can you read? If it's been over 30 days...there's a problem, at clothing!! Obviously yours were never ordered!!

If they were ordered...the contractor has 30 days to deliver. Exactly my point, if it's more than 30 days...talk to clothing.

::) ::) ::)

I can read quite well. I realize that there is a problem at clothing stores and have repeatedly let my COC and QM know. Just complaining a little that's all.

Matt_Fisher said:
If it were a perfect world, then we wouldn't have been in business over 23 years supplying troops with that which the system does not.  You're right about the contractual obligations, as I've talked to your former peers at Clothing Stores at 3 ASU in Gagetown, and they rarely have Apparel Trimmings, the company that has the national contract, deliver on time.  Yet when the contract comes up for rebidding, they continue to win, because they bid so ridiculously low that their lack of performance is outweighed by their lowball price and PWGSC awards them the contract.  You get what you pay for I suppose.   ::)

Oh that's good. Considering that my peers (at 3ASG) still order the nametapes for me at my present location...and I receive them from them in approx 21 days. Somethings not right here somewhere. Weird eh?

Vern, its just one of Matt's new marketing ploys  ;D.  Next one will be trying to sell the CP gear Tac Vest  ::).

NL_engineer said:
Vern, its just one of Matt's new marketing ploys  ;D.  Next one will be trying to sell the CP gear Tac Vest  ::).

No dude, I'm not saying it doesn't happen, it does. It's just not the norm.

I has been my experience, that when certain nametags did not arrive in our clothing on time, it was usually because a name was left of the list, the fax was sent upside down (so that Apparel Trimmings got a blank sheet) etc etc. When ordered properly, 30 days is the norm.

I do understand however, that Clothing in Gagetown has been overwhelmed in the past, oh, say 6 months or so with mounting TF1-07 and providing simultaneous support to the thousands of CTC students, so I can see how the 'small' jobs of making sure nametags get ordered properly on a regular basis may have been bumped to a lower status by actual operational requirements for deploying personnel for example.

And edited to add:

During my time at Clothing Gagetown we did use CP Gear quite often for ordering name-tags, of the AR type, when we received less than 30 days notice of a persons deployment; actually we usually got about a weeks notice and in some cases as little as 2 days. In these cases I IORd the tapes from CP Gear, and without fail, I had them before the member deployed.

So if you do need them quick, CP Gear can do that. I can attest to that fact.

Vern

Back