• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Kit Question

Calvin1509

Inactive
Reaction score
I am fairly new to the reserves and was told by some people that I could order the velcro nametags and a different beret than what I was issued (one with the fabric band, instead of the leather band). I was told that I can order these online. Does anyone know the site where these are available? Thanks.

www.logistikunicorp.com

You can probably find a beret there, not sure if it is the one your looking for. I don't think you can do name tags there.

old man neri said:
www.logistikunicorp.com

You can probably find a beret there, not sure if it is the one your looking for. I don't think you can do name tags there.

name tags are ordered through your unit.  As far as the logistik unicorp site goes, do a search but IIRC from a previous thread, you will not be able to use it until you have a year done in the reserves.

Nametags : http://www.cpgear.com/default.asp?mn=1.19.56&f=bp&pcat=15.

For the beret, I suggest you visit closest regular armoured unit kitshop, so that you can try them before buying, sometimes size is not the same as on the issued leather band berets.

**Edit : just pointing out that to my knowledge, Logistik Unicorp berets are leather band.**

Douke

Hi, im going to ask a stupid civilian {just sent my application to reserves today! ;D} question. What is the difference between a leather band and a fabric band beret? Do they look different? Sorry for the dumb question im just curious.

Steve

Cloth band is more comfortable and the beret is smaller so that, when properly formed, it doesn't hang down over half your ear.

I've got a beret with a leather band. It's comfortable, and doesn't hang down over my ear. So I guess the answer to your question is...

the difference is personal preference.

I have used my leather ban Beret since 1999 and have sewed on my CIC badge....

I definitely need a cloth one...have my Beret crawling over my ear is...kind of annoying.

Quick question..since I like to keep my old stuff....if I remove my old trade CIC badge.. Will having an older more worn Beret be well seen or should I start with a new one...

(Am I clear enough???)

And were can I get a cloth one?

mysteriousmind said:
Quick question..since I like to keep my old stuff....if I remove my old trade CIC badge.. Will having an older more worn Beret be well seen or should I start with a new one...
(Am I clear enough???)
Clear enough. Yes the fade is usually noticeable, so unless your new trade badge either covers it, or is the same shape/style, you may have to replace your beret.
mysteriousmind said:
And were can I get a cloth one?
Canex or a kit-shop.....not Clothing Stores.

Vern

The Librarian

As always you are very usefull and you are giving clear answer's

:)

A cloth banded beret, you can launder and the band does not shrink.

Can handwash and wring a leather banded one, slap it on and have it dry plenty quick.

Ask for assistance at clothing stores, there are two models of beret kicking around, the ones form Logistic hang to the floor, the older models, from a different company, that had the contract before Logistic, are almost carbon copies of the cloth band berets, but witha  leather band.

Easy way to check is just ignore any beret labelled Logistic.

What accounts for the striking colour differences in the standard land forces "green" beret.  I've seen some that are distinctly green; others, like mine are almost a very dark green-blue.  And others are somewhere in between.

Different washing/handling, or different batches out of LU?

Pte (R) B said:
What accounts for the striking colour differences in the standard land forces "green" beret.  I've seen some that are distinctly green; others, like mine are almost a very dark green-blue.  And others are somewhere in between.

I wonder why you would ask a silly question and then answer it?

Pte (R) B said:

Actually, we call for fadeable material in the contract!! No, but seriously, that way, we can tell from a distance who's got TI (that's Time-In).  >:D

A guy in my section has been in only a few months but is using his cadet beret he's had for the past seven years.  It is thread-bare and looks to be paper thin.

Pte (R) B said:
It is thread-bare and looks to be paper thin.

That then would signify his lack of TI, and the fact that because he gets paid to wear that beret now...it's time to fork out the big bucks for a new one.  ;D

Like I said in a previous post, as much as I love my actual berret...ill wear the new one to start all over again!

Back