• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Just curious who is on exercise near Arnprior, Renfrew and west end of Ottawa

FormerHorseGuard

Reaction score
Driving to work todat , I came across awhole lot of LAVs and a couple US Hummers on patrol along Ottawa Road 29, and they are also out around my  house outside REnfrew, i am just curious, it is interesting to watch them work.
thanks

There should be announcements in your local newspapers stating what is being done in your area.

George Wallace said:
There should be announcements in your local newspapers stating what is being done in your area.

Could this be it?
http://www.pembroketoday.ca/default.asp?pid=282763&wireid=00495_P_MovingMilitary1_114530

mariomike said:
Could this be it?
http://www.pembroketoday.ca/default.asp?pid=282763&wireid=00495_P_MovingMilitary1_114530

Doesn't sound like it, maybe the invasion of Quebecizstan has started?  ;)  j/k ...  The base at Petawawa has a lot of training in the Pet, Chalk, Deep area, happens a lot.

Cheers
Pop

I Live south of Arnprior and on my way home last night, I passed a LAV running south on my rural road.  Wished I saw that more often actually.

It's the RCD's on Ex and providing support for a course called ARSCC. (Army Reserve Sqn Crew Commander). They will be out in the area for the remainder of the week. As for the Americans, it's a detachment of the 1-75 that came to observe/assist.

It sure has been interesting driving home from Ottawa area everyday to Renfrew and to work in the mornings. US Army  Hummers on patrol with weapons in the turrets ( which begs a question). Lavs on the side of the road, and various convoys of everything in the fleet, from minivans with cfr plates to rentals, to pick up trucks with troops, to the Gwagons, LSVW, MLVWs and their replacements, to HLVWs.
I have forgotten the various pieces of equipment to make a armoured regiment move, all is missing is the helicopters.
The local gas stations and fast food outlets and of courses Timmies are very  busy  with all the road moves.

One question, does the US troops bring their own personal weapons and weapons for the hummers or do they  just borrow C7, C8 and C9s from our units ?
Just wondered how the border guards would check in those weapons

I can't speak to this specific exercise, but having gone down to Ft. Knox in the spring, we brought our own weapons. All of the paperwork was cleared with customs beforehand and it was a remarkable smooth crossing into the US. When some members of the National Guard joined us in Gogama for a brigade winter ex, we simply issued them C7s as it was a small contingent and they came by air. Given the fact that these troops have their own vehicles, I would not be surprised if they brought their own tools of the trade.

FormerHorseGuard said:
One question, does the US troops bring their own personal weapons and weapons for the hummers or do they  just borrow C7, C8 and C9s from our units ?
Just wondered how the border guards would check in those weapons

I've seen a number of US troops up here and from what I remember they brought up their own M16s, M4s and other weapons.  Anytime I've gone to the US for training we brought our own weapons.  AFAIK all that is required is some admin work like paperwork,  informing the agencies of the roadmove across border, etc.

psionic0 said:
It's the RCD's on Ex and providing support for a course called ARSCC. (Army Reserve Sqn Crew Commander). They will be out in the area for the remainder of the week. As for the Americans, it's a detachment of the 1-75 that came to observe/assist.

FYI  ARSCC  (Armour Recce Sqn Commanders Course)  ;)

Back