• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Jetstream - The Series

stegner said:
If I were a girl I could go for him-most of the guy pilots were pretty good looking.  Come on you already have a cool job to pick up girls do you have to be so good looking too?

Wow...thanks for sharing.....I think?

stegner said:
Good2Golf out of curiosity what do you fly? 

:-\  ...a desk....

...although in a past life (and hopefully future) was all of the army helicopters from the 80's and 90's (CH136 Kiowa, CH147 Chinook, CH135 Twin-Huey and CH146 Griffon)

Sorry to hear that  :(  I hope you get to fly again.

It must be pretty cool flying helicopters.  I think it was a mistake to get rid of not only the Chinook but the Kiowa also.

Well, defence was taking a thumping and something had to go.  I joined when the military had 120,000 and have seen it sink to as low as 48,000...all the while having no less demands placed on us.

I did get several hours sitting back seat in the 18 during my OJT days...it was cool, but I'd still pick choppers if I were dropped in a time machin back to the late 80's and asked to choose all over again.

G2G

Yup. He did!! His flying was pretty good during the show, it was just the centrifuge test for him! Everyone has their own weakness.

Does anyone know what are the significance of the names painted below the canopy are?

Catalyst said:
Does anyone know what are the significance of the names painted below the canopy are?

Pilot's name and crew chief's name

benny88 said:
First Tuesday in a while with no Jetstream Max!

You could always watch the show all over again online if the withdrawl pains are that bad.

CDN Aviator said:
Pilot's name and crew chief's name

From what I gathered during the show, the students were using "borrowed' aircraft right?  It seemed like a lot of the instructors names were written on the -188s as they would cut out with the student in the front seat....  makes sense I suppose given our limited numbers.

Do all pilots get "their own' or?  I've always wondered about that... 

Also.. the crew chief thing - is this a Canadian-only tradition, or does the US do it too, just not in the movies?

Meridian said:
Also.. the crew chief thing - is this a Canadian-only tradition,

No. The USAF and USN do it as well.

Meridian said:
From what I gathered during the show, the students were using "borrowed' aircraft right? 

They were using 410 Sqn's aircraft.

It seemed like a lot of the instructors names were written on the -188s as they would cut out with the student in the front seat....  makes sense I suppose given our limited numbers.

As far as i know, 410 is an OTU. Therefore the IPs are also line pilots and their names go on the jets just like any other fighter Sqn.

Do all pilots get "their own' or?  I've always wondered about that... 

I dont know if they all do. Irregardless, you just end up flying whatever is available.

Back