• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Jetstream - The Series

Steel Horse said:

Just don't add in the little comments and remarks and I will be happy. No need to make things personnel.

You picked a name: "Steel Horse".

You aren't acting like it. 

Why are people trying to join a military, any military, if their sensibilities are so easily offended?  You won't last more than a week or two on your Basic if you can't 'toughen up' some.  You also have to learn not to argue with people about things you know nothing about and may think you do, when they actually do know what they are talking about, because that is what they do for a living.

Steel Horse said:
Listen, you and others answered all the questions I wanted answered.

Good

I like your blunt answers.

Thanks, they're the only kind i have

No need to make things personnel.

You come in here and say stuff about a system of which you have no knowledge about and then question the decision made by people who are professionals in that field. You do not have any sort of experience or background necessary to critisize their decisions. I'm a supervisor at my Sqn and responsible for training junior personel, i know what its like and i know what the policies are. Its a system that i work in and i take it personaly when someone unqualified to comment says its SNAFU.

George Wallace said:

Why are people trying to join a military, any military, if their sensibilities are so easily offended?  You won't last more than a week or two on your Basic if you can't 'toughen up' some.  You also have to learn not to argue with people about things you know nothing about and may think you do, when they actually do know what they are talking about, because that is what they do for a living.

I don't have any current plans to join the military.

CDN Aviator said:
You come in here and say stuff about a system of which you have no knowledge about and then question the decision made by people who are professionals in that field. You do not have any sort of experience or background necessary to critisize their decisions. I'm a supervisor at my Sqn and resposible for training junior personel, i know what its like and i know what the policies are. Its a system that i work in and i take it personaly when someone un qualified to comment says its SNAFU.

Listen, it is not my intention to personally insult you, which I can see I did from the get go.
And for that I am sorry.

George Wallace said:

George, don't confuse basic training with life.  I went through Basic Training, played the game.  I never like being insulted. 

I don't think he was agruing but just looking for clarification or answers, which is fine (isn't that the best way to learn?)

Max

SupersonicMax said:
George, don't confuse basic training with life.  I went through Basic Training, played the game.  I never like being insulted. 

I don't think he was agruing but just looking for clarification or answers, which is fine (isn't that the best way to learn?)

Max

I think Mr. Wallace knows the difference.

Ok guys, enough is enough. Back on topic or this will be locked and cleaned out.

Inch
Army.ca Staff

Inch,

Someone called you God.  How often does that happen?

I’m loving Jetstream and it’s one of a select few series recordings I have on my PVR.  It’s definitely “sponge worthy.” (Seinfeld ref)

Kudos to the “chumps” who are not only on the toughest course of their young careers but have to put up with cameras in their face the whole time.  Imagine having as bad a mission as Riel did on her night sortie, and the first thing you see after stepping out of your jet is a d*mn camera.  Pretty sure I couldn’t put up with that.

Note to self.  Do not eat smoked oysters during brief.  Find other way to lube brain.

Good one ;D Sponge worthy!! Yea, I forgot about that!!! Cameras in your face!!!  :rage:

crazyleggs said:
Inch,

Someone called you God.  How often does that happen?

Once or twice a week, you know how it is, but most likely you don't...  ;D

I think they should have a show about Griffon pilots, lets call it "Eggbeaters".  In one episode, Capt John "Tubby Biatch" Kocktosten (Fletch anyone?) is removed from the course after failing to safely light an immersion heater, putting his peers at significant risk.  While Lt. Alvin "Double Vision" Condester is show blasting thru the backroads of the Laurentian Valley on his 1984 Nighthawk 450.

Slice Channel, you listening?

Jetstream promo - Episode 5 - "Fight's On"

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hJP6vu87N-A

Great stuff  :)!

wonder if the Cold Lake Ground Crews ever have this kind of fun  . .

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/military/read.main/80661/

Haletown said:
wonder if the Cold Lake Ground Crews ever have this kind of fun 
That was soooooo funny!  I'm loving the series, but then again, I am a CF-18 junkie.

That was an amazing video. I like how the Brits seemed to do the whole thing like a freestyle marshalling competition, it could almost be the next greatest thing since hockey! OK, maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but it would be a ton of fun to see that once in a while.

The show is absolutely thrilling, although I don't appreciate the narrator using imperial measurements for things like temperature. It confuses the younger generation who grows up in metric :D Though I've been around aviation enough that I do most of my aviation measurements in the hybrid system (Thank you ICAO!).

dwalter said:
The show is absolutely thrilling, although I don't appreciate the narrator using imperial measurements for things like temperature. It confuses the younger generation who grows up in metric :D

It also confuses the ATC people in Europe when you ask for your altimeter setting in inches after they gave it to you in millibars

And i grew up in metric too but the narator is right in using imperial.......

Discovery channel is technically an American channel isn't it? So I guess it would make sense for them to use imperial measurements.

Back