• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

is there anyone else in the recruiting process?

A couple of reasons why I decided to go with the RCMP over a local municipal Force are as follows:(In no particular order)

-My previous CF service allowed me to buy back a significant amount of pension time...this may not seem like a big deal when you are in your early 20's but when you are in your early 50's and can retire after 24 and a day's service with a 30 year pension it makes a huge deal!

-I am a history buff and an immigrant, I was honestly taken in by the long and proud history and our red serge ain't to shabby either.
*Caveat our present GD uniform Service order #1 sucks, however it is currently under review...stand by for some changes!

-There are literally hundreds of different jobs that you can do in the RCMP. I am in my ninth year of service and I have worked on a GD Watch, Youth Section, Drug Section, National Security and Tactical Troop. Commitments to units are usually two - three years ( Some more some less) so as you get bored you can always look for a change.

- You are not coralled into policing the same jurisdiction for a 25+ year career. You are generally in your first posting (LMD BC) for 5-7 years and then it's 2-3 year stints after that.

-The RCMP has all the Federal policing sections, these sections work on the larger long term projects and get the $ money to support them. Most municipal agencies cannot sustain long term investigations over 1-2 years due to cost.

-International scope of work, we have Liaison Officers around the World working in embassies in addition the majority of memebrs working in International Operations such as Afghanistan, Haiti, Africa ect are from the RCMP.

-We are guaranteed to be in the top three for pay in the national police universe.

I am sure there is more, raise me via PM and we can discuss any questions you have. You will note that there are no negatives mentioned....I have been rather candid in the past on this site and it turned around to bite me in the *** at my day job.

Noneck

Back