• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is anyone a member of the Royal Canadian Legion?

V

Veteran`s son

I am submitting an application to join the Royal Canadian Legion!

Are there any members of this board who are members of the Royal Canadian Legion?

Since my father and grandfather were war veterans, joining the Legion, to me, is a great way to recognize and remember their wartime service to Canada. :cdn:

I belonged to the Legion for a few years until I started NB‘s only Unit (#95) of the ANAVETS. Army, Navy, Air Force Veterans of Canada. (If I may blow my own horn a little). ANAVETS is actually older than the Legion. Both do great work. Any organization that helps vets, AND helps educate young people (like these 2 do) are great organizations to belong to. Congratulations...

Vet - good for you. Read a story last fall about the last Nov 11 service the Legion would be putting on in my home town - cause there aren‘t many of them left. Seems like yesterday I was a 16 year old army cadet drumming a large contingent of veterans from the achool auditorium a half mile to the cenotaph. Today they aren‘t there to carry on all those things that I got to benefit from, support for the cadets, scholarships to athletic camps and community fundraising drives. Hats off to you and hope you can continue that great tradition.

muskrat89 and Flatlander:

Thank you both for your replies! I am very pleased about submitting my application to join the Royal Canadian Legion!

I would be very happy to join an organization that helps veterans and others; I am very proud of my grandfather and father for their military service in wartime as well.

My grandfather served with the 13th Battallion Black Watch in the Canadian Expeditionary Force(World War 1).

Dad served with the Royal Canadian Engineers during World War Two and the Korean War.

Vets‘ Son - remind yourself to tell us a bit about your Legion experiences in a month or two? Thanks!!

Back