• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

International Opportunities

Mike28

Inactive
Reaction score
Well I'm thinking of joining the CF. I'm 19, and well..I'm just tired of school, and being an average working joe just doesn't seem appealing to me. And I just hate worrying about what I'm doing and where I am going and such. I figure this could be just for me. Right now I have my eye on the Aviation Systems Technician job for the Air Force. I have a hardware background so trade school doesn't seem too bad. especially if CF takes me through it. But I have a question about working abroad.
Basically, what are the opportunities (in any field) for working and living abroad, say, Japan?
Also, I'd love to work with the heavy machinery, like guns and tanks, fixing them, etc. If there a job that I wouldn't have to go through more academics (besides training for that job specifically) in fixing guns and other heavy machinery?
The more detailed the better. I hope that all made sense.

Please do not post multiple copies of your questions.  The second post of this topic has been removed.

It has only been two hours on a Saturday afternoon, try giving it a little longer to get responses.

Milnet.ca Staff

I'll catch the ball mid-air, recent member to newbie: search the forum.

If you go reserve, you'll be able to "choose" where you go. Regular, it's on a needed basis, so there's no saying.

As for what jobs are available, use the Job Explorer on forces.ca, it describes everything you need to know. (vehicle technician)

Check the Airforce subforums, for trade experiences/day-to-day, etc. Very useful. Most vague questions (like yours) have already been answered.

If your really bored with school do what I did 23 years ago,  go to a CFRC apply for the reg force and put down
1. infantry
2. armoured
3. artillery ( couldn't spell it back then but can do now)

Wait for the call and say yes.

Also, I'd love to work with the heavy machinery, like guns and tanks, fixing them
Mike, I think that you may find being a vehicle technician appealing, as freakerz already stated. Being able to work on all land vehicles, I believe you are able to drive all of them as well. And when necessary fight as an infantry soldier.

Thanks all. Lol sorry bout the double post. thought i had a category mix up but I guess not. whatever

Hmm I guess noone knows about the international part, thats alright, i'm calling them tomorrow to ask more specific questions.

International opportunities - depends on your trade.

Japan?  I'm thinking chances are slim to none and slim just walked out the door.  ;)

Thats alright though, not a big deal.
Going to Hamilton today

I've seen training areas all over Canada and the USA.As well as some lovely places in Europe and south west Asia. ;)

Back