• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I Have been looking to join for a long time now.... How likely is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Splex said:
above average skills that could eventually become usefull in later situations that the army presents...

That is based on your extensive experience with military situations ?

Ok, guys... You are jumping way off topic and not keeping to my point, i understand that the army has or will never use it... I am argueing that video games do give you valuable skills.... example, if you where to right now on the spot put me in any kind of army situation, and put someone with equal training, but has not played video... i would with hands down have a great advantage....

Splex said:
Ok, guys... You are jumping way off topic and not keeping to my point, i understand that the army has or will never use it... I am argueing that video games do give you valuable skills.... example, if you where to right now on the spot put me in any kind of army situation, and put someone with equal training, but has not played video... i would with hands down have a great advantage....

You have no experiential basis in military training on which to support that claim. I can identify no point in my 30+ years of experience where someone stood out from their peers to the extent that investigation was required to identify the mysterious factor of video-gaining as their claim to fame.  You may believe that video gaming has given you some special edge, but that alone does not necessarily make it true; so by all means join the army and prove it.

To put this is a wider perspective, can you identify and provide links to any recruiting/hiring programs, civilian or military, that place sole or primary emphasis on video gaming experience for qualifying experience because of those alleged benefits (oh, and game testing is not a suitable answer).

Splex said:

:rofl:

Listen junior.......

I played alot of video games as a kid. The first time someone opened up on me with a bunch of AKs, i had to ask my section commander what the noise was.

Now go get your head examined, you're delerious.

Michael O'Leary said:
You have no experiential basis in military training on which to support that claim. I can identify no point in my 30+ years of experience where someone stood out from their peers to the extent that investigation was required to identify the mysterious factor of video-gaining as their claim to fame.  You may believe that video gaming has given you some special edge, but that alone does not necessarily make it true; so by all means join the army and prove it.

To put this is a wider perspective, can you identify and provide links to any recruiting/hiring programs, civilian or military, that place sole or primary emphasis on video gaming experience for qualifying experience because of those alleged benefits (oh, and game testing is not a suitable answer).

I think you are missing my point here, my point is very simple, video games provide you with extra skills that someone who dosent play video games dose not have, not saying they cannot learn these skills with millitary training....

This is a really silly arguement, your first sentance says "you have no experiance in millitary training" well, you have no experiance with video games.... i dont see how i can prove this point to you because there is no way to really, unless you have an open mind.

CDN Aviator said:
:rofl:

Listen junior.......

I played alot of video games as a kid. The first time someone opened up on me with a bunch of AKs, i had to ask my section commander what the noise was.

Now go get your head examined, you're delerious.

Listen pops, video games have changed alot since pong

Splex said:
I think you are missing my point here, my point is very simple, video games provide you with extra skills that someone who dosent play video games dose not have, not saying they cannot learn these skills with millitary training....

This is a really silly arguement, your first sentance says "you have no experiance in millitary training" well, you have no experiance with video games.... i dont see how i can prove this point to you because there is no way to really, unless you have an open mind.

Stop now.  You started this silly tangent by asking if they made a difference and then refused to accept the direct answers from members with a wide variety of experience in the CF.  I have a very open mind, but it doesn't roll over and simply accept unfounded claims.  So go ahead, visit the CFRC, and build your career on your mad skillz. Join the army and prove that your superpowers imparted by video gaming will make you a special soldier.

Michael O'Leary said:
Stop now.  You started this silly tangent by asking if they made a difference and then refused to accept the direct answers from members with a wide variety of experience in the CF.  I have a very open mind, but it doesn't roll over and simply accept unfounded claims.  So go ahead, visit the CFRC, and build your career on your mad skillz. Join the army and prove that your superpowers imparted by video gaming will make you a special soldier.

Correction, i asked if the army uses that as a advantage point in recruiting, because infact the us does... the answer was NO, i accepted it, if you have even been reading anything.... the arguement is that video games create skills that can be usefully later on in life... and no matter what you say, there are millions of people that disagree with you, and people i play online with... from the millitary at least 40+ people.

Splex said:

Really? What skills?

I was a professional online gamer and none of the 'skills' I have acquired playing videos games will help me in my military career. I can't believe you would think for even a second being able to beat a bot or someone else on a video game would help assist you in the military.

I think you need to give your head a shake.

As for your question about the test, I'm 6'1 270 lbs and have arthritis in one knee and passed my CF Express test last year no problems....

I should add that I spend 1-2 hrs at the gym 5-7 times a week.  Nothing is free in life, although the test might seem easy for other people, bug guys like us need to work harder for it.

Join a gym, start lifting some weights and doing 30-45 mins of cardio a day and the test wont be a problem.

I don't advise runninf right away if you'r not used to it, get on the bike or the cross trainer.

Good luck!
turn off the x-box and hit the gym ir you're really serious about joining the CF, the bullets are real here, no cheats, no second chances....

Splex said:
Correction, i asked if the army uses that as a advantage point in recruiting, because infact the us does... the answer was NO, i accepted it, if you have even been reading anything.... the arguement is that video games create skills that can be usefully later on in life... and no matter what you say, there are millions of people that disagree with you, and people i play online with... from the millitary at least 40+ people.

You live in Canada, stop comparing the recruiting process to the United States.

Your question was about what advantage it would give you in the recruiting process.  You got that answer and didn't like it.  Whatever else you think it does for you doesn't mean crap when the subject is JOINING THE ARMY.  Stop trying to justify your point of view by changing the terms of reference.

If your video games skills are so special, find someone who will hire you because of your imaginary kill ratio, and stop trying to bullshit us into thinking they will make you a special recruit.

Splex said:
This is a really silly arguement, your first sentance says "you have no experiance in millitary training" well, you have no experiance with video games....

Oh i have played CoD 3, CoD 4, CoD W@W, MW2, Bad Company 2, Resistance and resistance 2, Kill zone 2.........thats just the ones i own.

So now that i have experience in both....what was your point again ?

rezz said:
Really? What skills?

I was a professional online gamer and none of the 'skills' I have acquired playing videos games will help me in my military career. I can't believe you would think for even a second being able to beat a bot or someone else on a video game would help assist you in the military.

I think you need to give your head a shake.

Team work, hand-eye cord,Patients,knowing how to react in situations,knowing to keep cailm,knowlage of guns,equitment... and if you read upahead the others i have listed

This one is locked.

I want to do a Super Applicant finish to this, to get some chuckles...but, I just .......dunno...it feels that none is required...Over 6 oot, at 300 lbs, plays alotta games....

I shall retire to bedlham...goodnight.

dileas

tess

milnet.ca staff

50.gif

Milnet Fun Police.

This train wreck stops here.

Splex,

DO NOT try starting this again. Or anything else even remotely absurd.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back