• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I hate my vision

Yes Mr. Wallace, I've visited the vision threads you gave me in that post in my first post earlier.

I did not find (or didn't see) anything helpful that relates to my situation about having one eye.

CFEdward said:
It says this post has not been replied to for at least 100 days, but I do hate my vision so I am going to post anyways.

Right now I have NO idea what my eye vision is. All I know is that my left eye is good (clear) and my right eye is fuzzy (unclear).

Does this completely eliminate me from the application process?

While I am no pro..

If you can operate 100% (or close to) without glasses then you should not have a problem. I have a slight stigmatism in one eye which makes it a little less efficient then my 20/20 eye. I passed my medical without a scratch, the eye exam I did with and without my glasses (which I never use) on and they did not question it again.

Just do not say you are applying for pilot and you should be ok, but the best thing would be to get a professional to check your eyes out if you are not applying anytime soon. The brain can fool us into thinking it is seeing perfectly until you actually SEE what 20/20 corrected is by an optometrist. (I was surprised).

just my 2 cents. Also there is a ton of threads around regarding vision, but you really won't get many more answers then this.. WE do not know what your vision looks like.

Thanks, but to give you an idea about my vision...

I am using one eye, my left one, to see. Some would say my right one is a lazy eye, therefore my left eye is the only "active" one.

I did pass my G1 vision tests though, with no restrictions to my drivers license due to vision.

CFEdward said:
Thanks, but to give you an idea about my vision...

I am using one eye, my left one, to see. Some would say my right one is a lazy eye, therefore my left eye is the only "active" one.

I did pass my G1 vision tests though, with no restrictions to my drivers license due to vision.

Those Drivers eye tests are a joke, a friend of mine who HAS to wear glasses to see passed without restrictions.. I was shocked.

I couldn't see only one eye being a problem if it is a V1 eye.. but like I said, not a medical officer. hehe.

CFEdward said:
I did not find (or didn't see) anything helpful that relates to my situation about having one eye.

I'll copy and paste the important line he wrote for you.

Only a Doctor can tell you after you have had your eyes examined.

Marshall said:
Those Drivers eye tests are a joke, a friend of mine who HAS to wear glasses to see passed without restrictions.. I was shocked.

I couldn't see only one eye being a problem if it is a V1 eye.. but like I said, not a medical officer. hehe.

Let's just leave it at:  Only after you have an Eye Exam during your Medical Examination, will a "Qualified" person with the proper training and credentials be able to give you a definitive answer.  NO ONE on this site has the ability to give you the answer.

Back