• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How many waiting for AEC?

CDN Aviator said:
...or even worse, north bay) ...

Jealousy doesn't become you!  ;D  Just remember who's keeping an eye on you when you're flying.  Oh wait, I've seen some of the trackers that I've worked with!  ;)

Hello boys and girls,

I applied for AEC in Feb. and when I called them yesterday (after I read how Celticgirl got her call..  >:D), the Cpl that I spoke to said my file was "all good to go". She sounded extremely busy and she asked me to hold for her at least 5 times, but I could careless about the wait, as it took me 8 calls to get through. Anyway, while I was waiting, I heard numerous phone calls and conversations in the background. Now I am not quite sure what "good to go" really means, because when I asked about my pre-sec's status, she said that it's in progress and she added that I am going to get my call sooner or later. She was in a hurry to hang up, so I didn't ask any more questions. I would think that if my file was all good to go, my pre-sec shouldn't be a problem anymore. Anyway, maybe I will be in the next BMOQ.  :D

Celticgirl said:
To each his own, my dear.

Absolutely. I was just explaining why, when offered the oportunity, i took a pass on it.

BTW CG, we have crew members who have been flying the SGOD for years and years and throw up on a regular basis so you wouldnt have been alone.

airmich said:
Just remember who's keeping an eye on you when you're flying. 

:rofl:

I wont comment further on that subject on this website.

Kruggle said:
Hello boys and girls,

I applied for AEC in Feb. and when I called them yesterday (after I read how Celticgirl got her call.. 

You HAVE spoken to them since then (between Feb and now), right?  You might also consider going in to the recruiting centre for an update.  Not saying that you will be told to wait any less time or that they will be less busy, but it is often easier to have a clerk bring your file out to go through your queries with you.  Have a list ready of what you want to know too, specifics such as your security clearance etc.

CDN Aviator said:
BTW CG, we have crew members who have been flying the SGOD for years and years and throw up on a regular basis so you wouldnt have been alone.

Oh, goody!  :-X

Im gonna have to wait just a little longer. My white blood cell count is low and I need to see my family doctor

koopa said:
Im gonna have to wait just a little longer. My white blood cell count is low and I need to see my family doctor

The next officer course isn't until January, so you have plenty of time to get that all cleared up.

Where is Gazoo? Woohoo, Great Gazoo, where are youuu?  {Did I sound like Fred Flintstone just then? hmm?}  ;)

January you say?  I just got a call from my CFRC yesterday and am going to call them back in a half-hour.  the woman said she had some good news for me on the phone...

Grando said:
January you say?  I just got a call from my CFRC yesterday and am going to call them back in a half-hour.  the woman said she had some good news for me on the phone...

Fingers crossed!  :)

Well I'm in, just have to accept the offer!  Jan. 5th like the rest of you... finally!

The phone call was pretty surreal actually - I remember like 1/18th of what was actually said.

Grando said:
Well I'm in, just have to accept the offer!  Jan. 5th like the rest of you... finally!

The phone call was pretty surreal actually - I remember like 1/18th of what was actually said.

Congratulations! I will see you there!  :salute:

Grando said:
Well I'm in, just have to accept the offer! 

Congrats  ;D

So we can look forward to 17 questions being posted on this site in the very near future ?

Thanks for the support, and luckily no - everything that she said I'd already known.  Primarily through people like you.

So, on a completely unrelated topic - can I bring my cat to BMOQ....? ;)

Grando,

First of all, congratulations!

I called the CFRC again last week and this lady told me that everything is good to go except for my pending air factor. I have done all the aircrew medical. I remember in the summer I received a call from the PA and he said that he will send me to Toronto for further medical testing. Perhaps it's because I have Air Nav and Pilot on my choices, but I am not sure. Reading through your application process sample, it says that you have taken off Air Nav and I was just wondering if you were ever told that you would go to Toronto before you took Air Nav off?

If I had kept Air Nav/Pilot on my application, I'd have gone to Toronto for the Aircrew medical.  I was told at the time that it was quite the wait, so I just took the other 2 occupations off (as I'd really wanted AEC anyways).

And no, my cat is the chewbacca of cats!... (in actuality I don't have a cat).  I'll just find some friendly wildlife in the cold abyss of Quebec.

Thanks for the response, Grando. I guess that's just what I need next in order to get in.
Did you have AEC as first choice? My choices are 1)AEC 2)Air Nav 3)Pilot and I thought they said they would process me for AEC first and if they didn't select me, they would start processing me for my 2 other choices. I thought that would mean no Toronto unless AEC didn't want me, or maybe AEC really doesn't want me...

Oh well. Only time will tell.

I had the same order as you.  I was able to talk them into sending 1 application for AEC and a second one for the other 2 after my aircrew medical, but I didn't due to the inherent hassle and possibility something would get mixed up along the way.

The wait is almost certainly more a logistical thing than an "AEC really doesn't want me" thing.  Good luck, and stay patient!

Kruggle said:
I called the CFRC again last week and this lady told me that everything is good to go except for my pending air factor. I have done all the aircrew medical. I remember in the summer I received a call from the PA and he said that he will send me to Toronto for further medical testing. Perhaps it's because I have Air Nav and Pilot on my choices, but I am not sure.

Kruggle, call them again and ask for clarification. Be very clear with what you want to know and listen carefully to the answers. Ask if they are sending you to Toronto for more testing, and if so, when? If not, ask what still remains to be done to get your 'air factor'. It could be just a matter of someone looking at your file and saying you are good to go. However, it could involve a more lengthy process. Ask them. It's your file; You have a right to know what is happening with it. Don't sit and wonder what they are doing. ASK.

Back