• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How does battle school compare to BMQ?

big45-70

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm currently in BMQ and was wondering how battle school compares. Can I expect the same kind of inspections?  Is marching while on base the same?

Yes there will be inspections,  yes you will march around the base as a course,  they may even have you march around on your own time, etc.  There will even be PT on course  :eek:

Not sure how it is these days, but when I went through, Basic(BMQ), was a walk in the park compared to Battle School...I would assume not much has changed.

A friend of mine described it as: "More work, more PT, less sleep."

A friend of mine who just finished BMQ and went straight to RCR battle school tells me just after his first week it is way tougher, notably the PT.

Is there an indoc period like the first 5 weeks of BMQ?  Or are u allowed to leave on the weekends?

I find these (almost constant) topics a little funny.  Like, what are you going to do if we tell you it's the shit and it sucks?  Are you going to put your release in based on an online (though well informed) forum?  I can see the memo now "on recommendation from Army.ca I'd like to submit my release from the CF".

Seriously, to prepare mentally?  Every person interprets a situation differently.  One person can snap from ironing but have no problem with morning PT.  Another may absolutely HATE being marched around like a child while he loves getting jacked up for uniform issues that he won't change but most likely be fine the next day (psych warfare much?).

Just saying... if you joined the military I am going to assume you might have seen a movie or two in your time.  Did it look scary?  It might very well be.  Do, or do not.  There is no try. Enjoy battle school or don't, we can't tell you how you'll interpret it.

/end rant.

big45-70 said:
Is there an indoc period like the first 5 weeks of BMQ?  Or are u allowed to leave on the weekends?

In Wainwright there is no "indoc" period, your BMQ was the indoc.  As for weekends, you have to earn them.  Every course is different but don't count on them for the first couple of weeks.

big45-70 said:

In my experience yes there is, mine was a 4 week wait to get weekends which are almost always taken away at some point. It all depends on your staff and your platoon, you guys mess up then it will most likely take longer.

recceguy is right, you will get to know the acronym C.O.C.K very very well.

How did us old fellas ever survive battle school without being spoon fed information from the internet on what to expect.  ::)

It will be hard, it will be long, you will not get near as much sleep as you want, and you may never get a weekend off.

That being said, it will be worth it when you complete your training so just get on with it and quit worrying. Thousands have done it before you, it isn't impossible.

You will be treated like an adult more, which at first you will think is great.  Then you will realize... that it is harder to be an adult.

Back