• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

High Ranking Police Folk Allegedly Behaving Badly

... who dodged jail

Surrey Mountie denounced as 'predator' for abusing power to pursue teenage sex worker, court hears​

Cpl. Peter Leckie apologizes during sentencing hearing as joint submission recommends no jail time​

Wow, what a piece of shit.

Suspended without pay jumped out at me. That’s really rare. I’m quite confident this guy’s losing his job.

His hearing is on the conduct page. June,2024

He must still have other charges to deal with- he had 15 going into this?
From CBC, looks like a plea deal.

Cpl. Peter Leckie entered the surprise pleas during a brief court appearance on Monday morning, as a nine-day trial was scheduled to begin.

Before his pleas, Leckie was facing several other charges, including sexual assault, fraud and unauthorized use of a computer. The B.C. Prosecution Service says the remaining charges will likely be stayed at sentencing.

I forgot he had other charges. He’s definitely done done, job wise.

Anyone else would be in jail. This kind of shit is what ruins the citizen's faith and support in the police and judiciary.

Reactions: KJK
Anyone else would be in jail. This kind of shit is what ruins the citizen's faith and support in the police and judiciary.
You’d think, but no- the shit we see people get bail for, and the sweet plea deals for even habitual offenders can be pretty demoralizing. Once crown let him plead all this down to just breach of trust. The ‘no jail’ die was pretty much cast. My best guess is crown let him take a plea that stopped the victim from having to testify. Crown gives very serious deference to that when there’s a sex offense victim who’s be hurt by testifying. I completely understand and respect the desire to protect the victim, but the outcome is gross.

That’s actually not true. People without criminal records who wind up with tons of charges and breaches before court also don’t go to jail.

His circumstances could only happen to a police officer but this sentence could be anyone with no violence and no criminal record.

This is the country giving bail and release to violent offenders on repeated breaches of their conditions.

You may find this interesting.

The most common sentence in Canada is probation. Even for serious crimes against persons. And the most common jail sentence is less than 6 months.

Its not that easy to get time anymore. The treatment jail I worked at actually had to change the "application entry requirements" from at least a year left in your sentence to 6 months since so few offenders were getting that much time.

Its not that easy to get time anymore. The treatment jail I worked at actually had to change the "application entry requirements" from at least a year left in your sentence to 6 months since so few offenders were getting that much time.
I remember 2 less a day being the norm. I hardly ever see it anymore.

I charged a guy with attempt murder for stabbing someone repeatedly and saying “I’ll kill you”. He pled it down to aggravated assault, has multiple prior offences including a previous stabbing and other crimes against persons. He got 18 months.
Just absurd.

I charged a guy with attempt murder for stabbing someone repeatedly and saying “I’ll kill you”. He pled it down to aggravated assault, has multiple prior offences including a previous stabbing and other crimes against persons. He got 18 months.

Garbage like that should just be put down. No value to society in any way.

Tough job you have. Thank you for your service.

Garbage like that should just be put down. No value to society in any way.

Tough job you have. Thank you for your service.
That was a while ago, but thanks I suppose. I do cushier stuff now. If I’m out in the mix these days it’s cause I’m dumb enough to volunteer, and that’s on me.

Yeah. And it was open and shut- I was driving by and saw the fight start, broke them up, found the knife right away, and wrote the warrant to seize the clothes and DNA… Got statements from several cooperative, if goobered, witnesses… There was zero ambiguity or uncertainty about what went down.
And a crown still managed to deliver less than stellar results? Shocking, just shocking I say...

So at 18 months, that's still provincial time...where they usually just have to serve 2/3 of their sentence...

So this guy essentially only did 12 months??

Booter said it. Absurd...

Back