• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

And the usual initial report caveats apply ...

"Ms. Jama maintains the post was reckless and malicious," the statement said. "Ms. Jama will not tolerate Premier Ford's attempts to tarnish her reputation in such a public manner."

I love that statement. I'm sorry Ma'am, your own action's tarnished your reputation in a public manner. I'd actually love for her to take it to court, will be a gong show for her.

Now I wonder when the Ontario CUPE president is going to get the boot.

And in the US - the Democrats

How does this get fixed?

How does this get fixed?
I guess in the US, elections or fielding and supporting a rival democratic candidate in the primaries?

I guess in the US, elections or fielding and supporting a rival democratic candidate in the primaries?
I was thinking more broadly...

A lot of angry people with right on their side.

A lot of people really putting their foot in. Good to know who they are. Keep it rolling.

There is that to be said. A degree of catharsis. A lot of people not hiding their feelings.

It is very interesting watching what happens when nations/states start being made up of vastly different ethnic groups with competing visions of the world.

Small numbers of immigrants not of the dominant cultures will be absorbed/adapt to the dominant group. Large numbers do not. The ‘mosaic’ we have (instead of a melting pot) comes with a lot of weaknesses. This particular crisis/issue really outlines the difference.

A lot of viewpoints that would have been completely taboo 40 years ago now have some teeth behind them (supporting Hamas for example), still no where near a majority, but something for us to consider for immigration purposes and how we want our country to evolve.

It is very interesting watching what happens when nations/states start being made up of vastly different ethnic groups with competing visions of the world.

Small numbers of immigrants not of the dominant cultures will be absorbed/adapt to the dominant group. Large numbers do not. The ‘mosaic’ we have (instead of a melting pot) comes with a lot of weaknesses. This particular crisis/issue really outlines the difference.

A lot of viewpoints that would have been completely taboo 40 years ago now have some teeth behind them (supporting Hamas for example), still no where near a majority, but something for us to consider for immigration purposes and how we want our country to evolve.
I saw it first hand finishing high school and starting university back in Windsor in 1988-93 when the civil war in Yugoslavia started. Friends I went through high school/uni with who were Croat, Serb, Bosnian, Macedonian, Slovene, all born in Canada, all teammates on the same high school/uni soccer, football, basketball, track teams, all boyfriend/girlfriend, all classmates, all neighbours - all torn apart by the Yugoslav War. I knew people, born and raised in Canada, who never had set foot in the old Yugoslavia, join the Croatian Army at the urging of their parents to 'defend their homeland'. It was incredibly sad to watch friends no longer talk to each other, I had to make choices some weekends on who I would hang out it because others wouldn't hang out with me that weekend as a result. Unreal.
We are TOTALLY naïve to think that things would be ANY different 30yrs later.
We all in Canada are living within one great big experiment, mass immigration from non-European, non-Judo/Christian countries, with the expectations that these individuals will leave all of their baggage behind, within their originating countries and bring none of it with them here. Why? Few of the ex-Yugoslav immigrants did in my example above. Its completely unrealistic and childes to believe that this will happen. The result is that chaos will reign and the silent majority will be held captive and hostage.

Well, well, well - let's see if this proposal gains in traction. If it does, there will need to be ALOT of elbow twisting on Trudeau for Canada to be involved.

Also on Tuesday, French President Emmanuel Macron proposed expanding an existing coalition that fights IS to also combat Palestinian militant group Hamas.
“This is why France is ready for the international coalition against Daesh, in which we are engaged for our operation in Iraq and Syria, to also fight against Hamas,” he said during a press briefing alongside Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, according to a CNBC translation.

“Hamas is a terrorist group, where the very objective is the destruction of the Israeli state,” Macron said Tuesday.

“I propose to our international partners, I mentioned it to you this morning, that we can build a regional and international coalition to fight against the terrorist group that threatens all of us.”

Macron reiterated that the battle against Hamas must be fought “without mercy, but not without rules,” urging no civilian deaths and respect for international laws governing warfare.

How does this get fixed?

I think the solution is distasteful to those who have bought into the "mosaic" and multiculturalism theories.

It’s distasteful to those who can’t (or won’t, due to votes or other reasons) disambiguate an organization / party vs an ethnic group.

I'm sure there is some validity to your point.

The support for Palestine and Hamas rally's I have seen throughout the western world since this kicked off leads to believe that the critical mass has been breached and we have probably brought in too many people who do not align with our position in the world, and I would call into question their loyalty to Canada.

How many bad apples spoils a bunch ?

I saw it first hand finishing high school and starting university back in Windsor in 1988-93 when the civil war in Yugoslavia started. Friends I went through high school/uni with who were Croat, Serb, Bosnian, Macedonian, Slovene, all born in Canada, all teammates on the same high school/uni soccer, football, basketball, track teams, all boyfriend/girlfriend, all classmates, all neighbours - all torn apart by the Yugoslav War. I knew people, born and raised in Canada, who never had set foot in the old Yugoslavia, join the Croatian Army at the urging of their parents to 'defend their homeland'. It was incredibly sad to watch friends no longer talk to each other, I had to make choices some weekends on who I would hang out it because others wouldn't hang out with me that weekend as a result. Unreal.
We are TOTALLY naïve to think that things would be ANY different 30yrs later.
We all in Canada are living within one great big experiment, mass immigration from non-European, non-Judo/Christian countries, with the expectations that these individuals will leave all of their baggage behind, within their originating countries and bring none of it with them here. Why? Few of the ex-Yugoslav immigrants did in my example above. Its completely unrealistic and childes to believe that this will happen. The result is that chaos will reign and the silent majority will be held captive and hostage.
And don't forget some of the auto plants it was almost all out war on the line. Management and supervisors were at breaking up fights daily weekly.

Back