• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

They aren’t a terrorist organization, they are governmental, huge difference. I am not a fan of the IRGC, but there is a difference between hostile governments and terrorists. Broadly expanding terms isn’t in anyones best interest.
Terrorist organizations are defined by the acts of terrorism they perform rather than their government or non-government status per se. There are several definitions but this one will do.

Criminal acts intended or calculated to provoke a state of terror in the general public, a group of persons or particular persons for political purposes are in any circumstance unjustifiable, whatever the considerations of a political, philosophical, ideological, racial, ethnic, religious or any other nature that may be invoked to justify them.

These can include acts by

By the same regard the CIA should be classified as a terrorist organization if this is the rabbit hole they are going down for government organizations.
They could be if they met the general provisions of the definition, but, in general, the CIA does not do acts which can reasonably be taken as to being "intended or calculated to provoke a state of terror in the general public or particular persons ..."

🍻

They aren’t a terrorist organization, they are governmental, huge difference. I am not a fan of the IRGC, but there is a difference between hostile governments and terrorists. Broadly expanding terms isn’t in anyones best interest.

By the same regard the CIA should be classified as a terrorist organization if this is the rabbit hole they are going down for government organizations.
Not really. The IRGC exists outside of the government, with it's original role to protect the Clerics and the Islamic revolution. It now has morphed into a heavily armed mafia that controls most of the countries economy by force and likley also controls the Clerics it was supposed to protect. They are not answerable to the government and also stand as a means to suppress the military if required and suppress any dissent from the population.

…but…but…but…I thought the Hadith in the Qur’an about toppling a stone wall on homosexuals was just historically contextual words, and not a modern day set of beliefs…
All in ones interpertion Of the Quran, disguard all context etc and go with one persons view, share liberally, repeat generationally or as reqd.

All in ones interpertion Of the Quran, disguard all context etc and go with one persons view, share liberally, repeat generationally or as reqd.
Like some fundamentalist Christians do as well. Thank heavens they are a small bunch

Reactions: ueo
Not really. The IRGC exists outside of the government, with it's original role to protect the Clerics and the Islamic revolution. It now has morphed into a heavily armed mafia that controls most of the countries economy by force and likley also controls the Clerics it was supposed to protect. They are not answerable to the government and also stand as a means to suppress the military if required and suppress any dissent from the population.
Kind of like the Nazi SS with elements of the Mafia thrown in.

The SS swore an oath to Hitler and I imagine the Quds Force is similar
From my reading it seems like the Clerics live in quiet fear of the IRGC, who's leadership is all about the accumulation of wealth and power. They use the lower religious nutbars to do their bidding. the only good news is the high ranking IRGC types would not want their assets glassed over by going nuclear on anyone.

Back