• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Grey Cup 2007

Who is going to win the Grey Cup this Sunday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rockpainter I never said he was a bad coach I just think he was a better player. I remember seeing my first Argos game and he signed my ticket stub when I was like 9 years old. And I remember him kicking butt that whole game. I used to like the NFL San Fran 49ers but after that...NFL was just wannabee football. CFL was the best and that was all there was to it.

Rayman said:
Rockpainter I never said he was a bad coach I just think he was a better player. I remember seeing my first Argos game and he signed my ticket stub when I was like 9 years old. And I remember him kicking butt that whole game. I used to like the NFL San Fran 49ers but after that...NFL was just wannabee football. CFL was the best and that was all there was to it.
Aha, missed your point.  Sorry.  I agree, he was a fantastic player to watch.  I only got to see him play once (live).  It was in the 97 season.  He sure knew how to keep going straight ahead for yards, but I must admit, his performance as coach sure surprised me (pleasantly).

Congrats to the Stubble jumpers..... well done!

Excellent game, even though my beloved Blue Bombers went down to defeat. Both teams played excellent football. Congrats to Dinwiddie - under the circumstances he did an excellent job, and should be proud of a fine effort. The pressure, as has been said, must have been insane.

Congrats to the Roughriders - my second-favourite team.

:cdn:
Hawk

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
Only saw the first half (I'm in the field again on Royal Gunfighter II)
As for the guys who didn't shut up, I heard one of them yell out "WE LOVE YOU GUYS!"

I imagine that was the jist of most of the "silence"....most were probably drunk.  Intentions were probably in the right place; however, their timing may have been off.

Congrats to the Riders.  Seems like it was a good second half as well.  Congrats to Dinwiddie.  Yes, he threw three picks, but his FIRST PRO start was in "THE game".  Well done also to Toronto.  It looked good from up here in Pet.

As someone who was holding a present arms on the field during the moment of "silence", I heard a lot of "shishing" to go along with the drunkeness. 

Also, the reception after the game to those in uniform out on the town was overwhelming.

Excellent for the Riders this year!!

At the DFAC at  FOB Union III a year ago, I sat there having my lunch ( something I can't remember), watching the 2006 Grey Cup. To think this was a CFL game played on the US AFN. I only managed to watch in for 20-30 mins, but it was good to see a CFL game from 'home'.

Now one year later, my home town team wint the Grey Cup. I remember 1989's win, and even as a kid in 1966 too, then the loss against Hamilton or Ottawa in 1967. Not that I am dating myself, ha!

In Feb 07 I had a 3ft x 5ft Rider flag on the antenna of our LAV on a mission out into the Badlands of Baghdad, and brought that flag home after having it embroidered of where it had been. It was a good mission too, no shots fired by either side. That flag now rests in my bar room on the wall.

Its been almost 20 yrs since we won last, and about time too. Thats our 3rd win ever.

Go Riders Go!

Wes

Back