• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Getting Issued Hoodies

q_1966

Inactive
Reaction score
Is there anyway to get issued the grey hoodies, other than doing adventure?

do you mean at summer camp only? or at your corps?

at summer camp, you would have to bring it up to your platoon/company staff, and it would have to be a course standard

at your home corps, have a chat with your RSM/officers about using corps money for tshirts of sweat suits or something

your talking about Vernon right?

at blackdown every cadet in the battalion (around 2000 i think) are issued a hoody you have to give them back though :(

-Hutch- said:
have to give them back though :(
CFB Borden clothing stores used to sell very similar track suits, however I believe they are now closed.

In Connaught you get issued the hoodies to go under your shooting jaket.

Why?
Havent worn one, but want one, because they look friggin comfy

I have worn them. They're nothing special. As a matter of fact they're down right cheap.

ya they fall apart and rip quite easy. they are comfortable though (while they last)

When taking Adventure (Vernon) Do the hoodies come with a pair of sweat pants as well? My memory is a little foggy

Papke said:
When taking Adventure (Vernon) Do the hoodies come with a pair of sweat pants as well? My memory is a little foggy

ya at blackdown everyone gets issued the hoodie and the pants. the pant are worse and fall apart much easier

I will admit they are cheap. But we wore them under our shooting jakets so that our pulse would not effect our steadyness, also so that it makes us more how do i say it..... stiff maybe, just so that we pull of steady shots.

The bad side is people passing out on the range from all the layers in that heat.

yes CLI Adventure in Vernon get's the pants shawn. but they are very cheap. but i found that if you get someone to repair the hoodies they never rip again. i know this because i got to keep mine. and i asked my grandmother to repair it for me.

TomGledhill said:
As far as I know all courses get issued the full grey track suit. During all of my courses except one we got issued them.

Tom Gledhill

Which Camp(s)?

I know I got issued them in connaught, but I dint even see them in vernon for basic marksman.

Everyone gets them in WCSTC, and then they're thrown out like other gumby gear ie PT shorts, shirts and shoes.

I find them quite comfortable! One place to find them would be CSTC Mont. St-Sacrement, Quebec. That is the RCSM(E) (Regional Cadet School of Music (Eastern)) I was issued them when I went there for the AMBC (Advanced Military Band Course). Great course, and a lot of fun, by the way. If you think you are up for a challenge, and this would be a challenge even to a level 5 qualified cadet, then do this course. It's something you will never forget.

Back to main topic, ask about them when you go to your CSTC. They might not be standard issue, but there might be some kicking around, waiting to be found/asked for. You never know...

And because Borden has it's own climate, everyone is issued the most comfortable track suit in the world.  ;D

:cdn:

Q.Y. RANG said:
And because Borden has it's own climate, everyone is issued the most comfortable track suit in the world.   ;D

:cdn:

lha ha....very amusing, way of wording it, however also very true I like it.  :p

pi-r-squared said:
Everyone gets them in WCSTC, and then they're thrown out like other gumby gear ie PT shorts, shirts and shoes.

so at whitehorse you can keep your sweatsuit?

Back