• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Franko started this dammit.

I personally drink Tetley.....

..a lot better than Red Rose  ;)

Regards

Ahhh, Bubba Gump's Seafood. Dont get me started. The restauranut was based on Forest Gump and named after his friend, Bubba. The shrimp is THE best I have ever had. Only problem is there only in the US.

1.Bubba Gump's
2.Pete's Drive In
3.Wendy's
4.BK
5.KFC (they have the best fries in the world)

hummmm topic of fast food. When i was posted to C.F.B. Borden in the early 80's there was a Mc D's on base  during my pregnancy I lived on the egg Mc Muffin for brekkie.

now that I'm older and wiser my tastes for fast food are
    Subway
    Marius pizza
    A&W

the last time a group of us ate at Mc D's  all of us who ate various items from the Mc Value menu ended up feeling as though we had eaten a ton of lead  :-X so I've vowed no matter how much the kids beg never to set foot in a Mc D's again  thankfully my kids prefer subway anyday.

Fast Food, hmmmmmm....My favorites go from coast to coast and should appeal to anyone who has visited these locales:

Hungry Jacks in Westphal (Just across from the Weestphal Fire Station, outside Dartmouth) for the Belly Buster, 1 lb of artery clogging bliss.

Pizza Corner in Halifax (Does anyone know the names of the intersecting streets there?)

The Pizza place across from Chevy's in Truro, NS (I have no clue of the name)

Frank's Pizza in Stewiacke NS for the OKA Donair

Adrian's Fish and Chips in Five Islands NS for the clams

BUD THE SPUD

Busters Pizza, Grande Prairie AB for the grilled chicken pizza

Smoked meat restaurant/pub in Dorval Airport has excellent sandwiches even if the beer is $8

Dan's Pub in Ft Nelson BC for the prime rib

The list could go on

When I was in Bermuda I was amazed to see Rotten Ronnies on 'Merican Base there. Curious to know if any of our friends from the south could tell us if this is normal?

Moe's Deli and Bar in Dorval (now Trudeau) Airport does have decent sandwiches, but if you want to have THE definitive Montreal smoked meat, then you have to go to Schwartz's on St-Laurent Boulevard, just north of Pine Avenue. And be sure to try some real bagels from the bagel shop on St-Viateur, just east of Park Avenue!  ;D

cheeky_monkey said:
2.Pete's Drive In

ahh... Pete's Drive In. Anybody else like how the large fries is a frickin shoe box overflowing with fries? I think that Pete's Drive In is the only fast food place that doesn't make me sick.

Okay.. so a perogies stand isn't exactly fast food, but heck, perogies are the one and only love in my life.

That stand sells 9 huge perogies for 4 bucks along with a heaping serving of onions and sour cream.
I had the treat of feasting on a platefull at Aquafest. Why are those perogies the best?

The perfect.. I repeat PERFECT blend of potato and cheese perfectly packaged in a not-too-soggy but not-to-firm dumpling, smothered in butter and topped with fried onions.

... I miss them already.  :crybaby:

'Schwartz's on St-Laurent Boulevard, just north of Pine Avenue"

Oh buy. Don't get me started about Schwartz's. I completely forgot about them. If you do want to go, you should be there either 15 minutes before 12:00 or about half an hour after 1:00. During lunch the line outside can be almost half a block long.

"2.Pete's Drive In"

They used to always undercook the burgers, but now there always cooked throughly. The milkshakes are real good, but kinda thick. My updated list:

1.Bubba Gump's
2.Schwartz's
3.Pete's Drive In
4.Wendy's
5.KFC (they have the best fries in the world)

cheeky_monkey said:
. The milkshakes are real good, but kinda thick.

Kinda thick? You'll get hernia trying to suck one through a straw.

The milkshakes are real good, but kinda thick.

Kinda thick? You'll get hernia trying to suck one through a straw.

I always remember to pick up a milkshake for my girlfriend from Peter's drive in.

quasiparamedic said:
Moe's Deli and Bar in Dorval (now Trudeau) Airport does have decent sandwiches, but if you want to have THE definitive Montreal smoked meat, then you have to go to Schwartz's on St-Laurent Boulevard, just north of Pine Avenue. And be sure to try some real bagels from the bagel shop on St-Viateur, just east of Park Avenue!   ;D

Amen to that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back