• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Females members authorized to wear the male DEU pants...

Catalyst said:
I was on a course once and a coursemate was "jacked up" (well...as far as you can jack somebody up on a CIC Course) for wearing male pants.

(It was probably not nearly as far as a person can be jacked up on a CIC course.  But then, that sort of thing is reserved for doing something worse than wearing the wrong pants -- especially when it's evidently allowed.)

Actually I had no idea this was ever done in the Forces, but as a cadet unit supply officer I did issue female pants to a male cadet who was a challenge to kit out.  They fit him fine, but I hear that he had to think for a moment when putting them on -- having the button and fly on the opposite side came as a bit of a surprise.  (We didn't tell him we were giving him female pants.)

NM...
zippers are only a problem when you find them on the hip ;)

I really hate it when someone tries to empire build or decide they have a secret that affects hundreds (thousands) and they deem themselves "keeper of the key". It's all bullshit and if it affects a lot of members, it should become open source. If it's a legal way of doing something, or procuring an item, let the rest know, out in the open. Don't try create a aura of self import, when the situation doesn't warrant it.

If it's a legal, in system, solution for dealing with a problem, YOU DON"T OWN IT!!!!!

Quit trying to be coy, and secretive. As a nurse, I'm sure you get enough ego gratification just helping people every day ;)

Or perhaps you're 'skirting' the rules and think you've found some illegal workaround? In which case we could see you as being secretive, but contrary to the NDA.

What is it? Legal and open source? Or illegal and you're counselling members how to break the law?

No more bullshit. Which is it, and what are you going to do about it?

Pretty sure Vern has made it clear...didn't see any need to expand on the issues any further...

Please do not infer that I would be involved in something that is not above board...respect begets respect...thank you...

I didn't want to post someones personal email here as that would not be appropriate...there is no veiled speech or anything of that nature going on...just trying to be helpful and not into bashing people for trying to do the same for others...

Regards.

HL

Two seperate issues, just as for footwear:

1) SIZING Issues: A Supply jurisdiction, in that if you do not fit into stocked items (such as boots) due to having feet smaller/larger than "stocked" items ... it becomes a Supply requirement to utilize the special sizing process to kit you.

2) MEDICAL Issues: A Medical jurisdiction, in that if stocked sizes fit, but you require a non-stocked item due to a bonified medical requirement (such as often occurs with boots/feet problems) ... it becomes a medical jurisdiction whereby the Med world substantiates and issues the "authority" and Supply will then action the accomodation outside of "stock items" on that medical grounds.

It used to be quite easy to argue the medical requirement for females to "exchange" DEU pants due to post-maternal issues such as the hips displacement etc that I've noted previously - not quite so easy anymore as the new style of female pants incorporate pleats and elastic bands within the waistline that amply accomodates this issue for most females. I'm sure that there are still minimal "medical" cases occuring though.

And, suffice it to say, "amply" is precisely the operative word ... they make chicks look friggin' huge which is exactly why so many women want out of them. They do - look horrid on a great number of women. Thank gawd --- I also have my old style female pants (stocking up on them at Cash sales as soon as I caught wind of the "new design" that was in the works for we women) so that I will never have to wear the new style.

Back