• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Federal Budget 2024 megathread

I used to believe that Trudeau would stick around for one more go, but since it came out that his best bud, Dominic LeBlanc, was organizing to run for the leadership, and did not deny it when asked, tells me that LeBlanc has Trudeau’s blessing. Therefore it seems that Trudeau may not stick around much longer. The Tories will have to find something else to campaign on other than Trudeau Bad.
They have 9 years of LPC government to use, they are not short of material.

If you have a tool that works, you use it, when it no longer works you use something else.

And young people don't vote....

View attachment 84680

Why are fewer young people voting?​

Because the rise and fall is directly related to the legalization of cannabis. The government has not offered them anything nearly as attractive in subsequent outings. Young voters are going to be interested in housing. Short of confiscation, there's nothing any future government can do on that front in the immediate to short term. That being said, I am reminded that we do not have constitutionally protected property rights. Watch and shoot I suppose.

Because the rise and fall is directly related to the legalization of cannabis. The government has not offered them anything nearly as attractive in subsequent outings. Young voters are going to be interested in housing. Short of confiscation, there's nothing any future government can do on that front in the immediate to short term. That being said, I am reminded that we do not have constitutionally protected property rights. Watch and shoot I suppose.

It's an interesting exercise in market research.

'Young' refers to mid-20s to mid-40s... mostly tending towards a nihilist view on life. This article does a good job explaining it, and the edge of panic that comes through in the Liberal Party rhetoric IMHO:

Why Millennial and Gen Z votes are so crucial for the Liberals in the next federal election​

While younger voters have historically tended to skew left, public-opinion research suggests the trend may be shifting. Polls over the past year have shown Millennials and Gen Zs moving toward Pierre Poilievre’s Conservatives.

It’s an open question how many of those responding to online polls will show up to cast a ballot in a general elections. Elections Canada says the turnout among younger voters fell in the 2019 and 2021 elections faster than other demographics.

Back