• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enhanced Reliability Check (ERC) - Merged

canadianintel said:
I thank you all for your answers. My residence has always been Canada but in the last ten years I've spent many months abroad on vacation, mostly during the months of summer. Do I have access to the list of Scheduled Countries? I always visited the same two countries during the last ten years, and finding the exact dates for all these vacations will be a headache, do I absolutely need to give the exact dates?

The current lists are countries listed by DFAIT, and for the most part they are nothing more than Country travel advice and advisories

If the countries you have been visiting are members of NATO, the European Economic Community, or any allied nation of Canada, there is usually no problems.  Problems do start to arise when you have resided or studied abroad, in any nation.  That may call for you to then acquire a Criminal Records Check from that country.  Fill in the information on the form as requested, and the CFRC will then accept it as is or question you further. 

George Wallace said:
The current lists are countries listed by DFAIT, and for the most part they are nothing more than Country travel advice and advisories

If the countries you have been visiting are members of NATO, the European Economic Community, or any allied nation of Canada, there is usually no problems.  Problems do start to arise when you have resided or studied abroad, in any nation.  That may call for you to then acquire a Criminal Records Check from that country.  Fill in the information on the form as requested, and the CFRC will then accept it as is or question you further.

From 2009 to 2014 I have spent close to 14 months abroad , an average of 2.8 months per year , non-consecutively , on vacation on a TOURIST visa to a country that the Canadian travel advice website says to "Exercise a high degree of caution". Hint, this years soccer world cup will be organized there. I looked at the Pre-Enrollment Security Clearance Pre-Assessment Questionnaire. On question 3 when it says "Where and how long did you reside/visit/work/study outside of Canada" and I have to write down how long I stayed in each country for, should I list that country once only and write 14 months between 2009 to 2014? There not enough space to describe in full details the length of each trip. The second country I visited within the last ten years is a stable, calm country and NATO member.

I also do not see where it allows me to explain the purpose of add any details about my trips on the questionnaire. Oh and one last thing, should I even bother jotting down my weekend spent in NYC 4 years ago?

canadianintel said:
From 2009 to 2014 I have spent close to 14 months abroad , an average of 2.8 months per year , non-consecutively , on vacation on a TOURIST visa to a country that the Canadian travel advice website says to "Exercise a high degree of caution". Hint, this years soccer world cup will be organized there. I looked at the Pre-Enrollment Security Clearance Pre-Assessment Questionnaire. On question 3 when it says "Where and how long did you reside/visit/work/study outside of Canada" and I have to write down how long I stayed in each country for, should I list that country once only and write 14 months between 2009 to 2014? There not enough space to describe in full details the length of each trip. The second country I visited within the last ten years is a stable, calm country and NATO member.

I also do not see where it allows me to explain the purpose of add any details about my trips on the questionnaire. Oh and one last thing, should I even bother jotting down my weekend spent in NYC 4 years ago?

You can use a second sheet if required.  Write down all the pertinent details in a logical way, so the CFRC staff can understand it.  If they require further clarification after you submit it, they will contact you.

Keep It Simple S______ or Keep It S_____ Simple is a term you will become familiar with (KISS).

If you think that there are going to be any questions, list everything chronologically in order with time spent:  For example:

Kuwait  2009 for 2 months
Kenya    2010 for 2 months
Kuwait    2010 for 3 weeks
France    2011 for 2 months
Spain      2012 for X months
France    2013 for X months

Answer the questions as simply as possible to alleviate any confusion and you should have fewer questions asked.  The more convoluted your answer, the more questions will be asked.

If you really don't have the answer yet, please just go to the CFRC and ask them exactly what they want.

George Wallace said:

Once again, wrong. George you don't know what you are talking about so stop, just stop. The list of countries is in the NDSP/NDSI under change of circumstance (which a competent USS should know). DFAIT does travel advisories, nothing related to security clearances.

RADOPSIGOPACISSOP said:
Once again, wrong. George you don't know what you are talking about so stop, just stop. The list of countries is in the NDSP/NDSI under change of circumstance (which a competent USS should know). DFAIT does travel advisories, nothing related to security clearances.

You are the one who needs to stop, George, didn't say DFAIT or their travel advisories were related to the clearance process.  The OP asked what countries would be on the list of "suspect" countries, and the information put out by DFAIT is about as good as your going to get publicly on what countries may pose an issue.

I already warned you about getting personal earlier today. You get to go in time out for a while

And this thread is now locked.

Hatchet Man
Milnet.ca Staff

Hi all,
I've read through most of the thread.. Anyways, I was given a security clearance form to complete before I head off to basic. So, I was just curious to know (if anybody knows) what level of clearance med techs need?

Thanks all!

rebeccag19 said:
Hi all,
I've read through most of the thread.. Anyways, I was given a security clearance form to complete before I head off to basic. So, I was just curious to know (if anybody knows) what level of clearance med techs need?

Thanks all!

According to the MOS ID Specs, minimum requirement for employment in the Reg F is Level II (Secret) and in the Res F (PRes) is Level I (Confidential).

I did security forms when I first applied and met the recruiter to confirm I knew what I was doing and to sign the paper saying this is what I wanted to do, but I received the forms again when my File Manager scheduled my CFAT and I was wondering should I print them out and bring them with me when I do the CFAT? Or can I send them to my file manager now, along with my resume?

JosephD said:
I did security forms when I first applied and met the recruiter to confirm I knew what I was doing and to sign the paper saying this is what I wanted to do, but I received the forms again when my File Manager scheduled my CFAT and I was wondering should I print them out and bring them with me when I do the CFAT? Or can I send them to my file manager now, along with my resume?

You can do them now but they are going to want a copy with an "original" signature on them.

REFERENCE QUESTIONS

Hey guys,

So I am in the process of applying for NCM reserve infantry. I filled out the standard reference section, with my 5 professional references yada yada yada, however due to my being a dual citizen (UK) I had to fill out an additional "long screening" security form.

I was born in Canada, and have resided here al my life, however I hold dual citizenship to the UK through my father, as well as two passports.

My question is: How much extra time does this usually add to the application process, and does anyone have any horror stories of bureaucratic hassle as a result of this?

Any info about the additional process is appreciated. Thank you.
Modify message

The search tool and Google are your friend.  This has been asked and answered many times.
Found these in about 2 mins:
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/101913.0
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/29592.0
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/104733.0 - Q. 1

You're fine, don't stress. Your situation is no different than many new applicants. Given that your Canadian by birth, the net effect of your citizenship be descent should be minimal.

Badner said:
REFERENCE QUESTIONS

Hey guys,

So I am in the process of applying for NCM reserve infantry. I filled out the standard reference section, with my 5 professional references yada yada yada, however due to my being a dual citizen (UK) I had to fill out an additional "long screening" security form.

I was born in Canada, and have resided here al my life, however I hold dual citizenship to the UK through my father, as well as two passports.

My question is: How much extra time does this usually add to the application process, and does anyone have any horror stories of bureaucratic hassle as a result of this?

Any info about the additional process is appreciated. Thank you.
Modify message

As long as you haven't had an extended period out of Canada, you should be fine.  Extended period is more than 3 continuous months in a calendar year if I remember correctly...

Don't be surprised if you get clearance in less than three weeks.

bouncer2004 said:
As long as you haven't had an extended period out of Canada, you should be fine.  Extended period is more than 3 continuous months in a calendar year if I remember correctly...

This has been changed to 6 consecutive months.

I applied for Legal Officer position in August 2014. After initial interview with recruiting officer, CFAT and Pre-Sec interview I was informed in December 2013 that I was selected for a full security check. Submitted all the required forms right before Christmas and still waiting for reply.
How long does it take to conduct a full security check (the country in question is Russia), especially after all the Crimea stuff?

It will take however long it needs to take...don`t sit around by the phone for the next several months.  And yes if we are not on good terms diplomatically with a country, it will take longer.

andmaz said:
I applied for Legal Officer position in August 2014. After initial interview with recruiting officer, CFAT and Pre-Sec interview I was informed in December 2013 that I was selected for a full security check. Submitted all the required forms right before Christmas and still waiting for reply.
How long does it take to conduct a full security check (the country in question is Russia), especially after all the Crimea stuff?

;D

In the meantime, you may start by getting your "proof reading" skills up to snuff.  Legal matters will demand that of you. 

Back