• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enhanced Reliability Check (ERC) - Merged

Security Clearances also depend on the urgency of the person needing it for there position especially in an international position/profile.

Lvl 3 /SA/TK etc will be expedited quickly especially if your CO deems it necessary to perform a task or do a conference/trip/course.

An infantry officer with a Lv 3 or more, only unless they are posted to NDCC or a real high level staff position.

AESOP's/NESOP's require Lvl 3, but can easily perform there duties with Lvl 2. (I have a whole department of Lvl 2's).

HFXCrow said:
Security Clearances also depend on the urgency of the person needing it for there position especially in an international position/profile.

Lvl 3 /SA/TK etc will be expedited quickly especially if your CO deems it necessary to perform a task or do a conference/trip/course.

I understand that may also apply to briefings certificates - especially if you are required or expected to contribute something at the briefing.  :mad: 

I have honestly not heard of a briefing cert. I was lucky and got the needed in-docs prior.

I would lose a compartmentalized clearance upon my return.

HFXCrow said:
I have honestly not heard of a briefing cert. I was lucky and got the needed in-docs prior.

I would lose a compartmentalized clearance upon my return.

Its a civi thing to enable attendance at certain briefings.

Springroll said:
What kind of clearance does an IntOp need?

When i applied a few years ago Int Op needed level 2 at the time of application and must be able to get level 3 by the end of trade training.   May have been changed over time.

Planning a remuster already ?

Since this thread is titled "Security Clearance Form Trick", I'll give a couple of other tricks.

Sorry for those of you that may think this is common sense for all, it really isn't.

1) When giving references, try to pick local people first, people close to a base second, and people all in one place third.  If and when interviews of these people are conducted, it's easier for the interviewer to do their job A) all at once or B) all in one area.  Of course picking local people may not be a great idea if you are in like......I don't know.........Alert???  Heheh.  I doubt there are people in Alert who's sole job is to do Security Clearance interviews.  Anyway, when you really think about it, it doesn't make sense to put down you old pal Bob who lives in B.C., your old boss Joe who lives in Nunavut, and your teacher Mr Jones from Newfoundland.  Think of all the coordination that has to be done to get THOSE interviews done.

2) When you complete your clearance form and are ready to submit it, get a photocopy first.  If it took you weeks to track down all that pertinent info, think of how pissed you'll be if your form gets lost.  Don't laugh, I've seen it.  There's nothing worse than checking on a security clearance only to hear, "There's been no paper work submitted for that."  :rage:So get yourself a copy first (as you always should in the CF) and have it tucked away at home just in case.  I even have a copy of my road test for my Track course, just in case the Army goes back to M113s in the future. ;D  Better safe than trying to track down your long lost dad's middle name all over again, I say anyway.

Good luck!

Bin

Well, I got a call from the CFRC today regarding my security clearance.  I seemed to have forgot to fill in how long I have been living at my current address.  I gave her the estimated date and it was entered into the system.  I'm just curious what relevance this has while doing a security check?

Thanks.  :cdn:

(Edited by Moderator to clarify thread subject.)

badsector said:
Well, I got a call from the CFRC today regarding my security clearance.   I seemed to have forgot to fill in how long I have been living at my current address.   I gave her the estimated date and it was entered into the system.    I'm just curious what relevance this has while doing a security check?

Thanks.    :cdn:

(Edited by Moderator to clarify thread subject.)

The BACKGROUND CHECK is submitted electronically and every address must be entered with a "from and to" date or the BACKGROUND CHECK can not be done.

Well I know that it is required to request the security check.  I was just wondering what it's relevence to the security check is? 

They are used in the verification of personal data in that were you where you said you live/lived and they can also be used in the checking of any possible conviction (s).

I'm an American dual citizen who's been out of the country for 12 years.  Next year, I want to move back to Canada and enlist full time in the Canadian Army.

Will there be any issues with my status as dual citizen?  Do I have to live in Canada for a certain amount of time prior to enlistment?  Is there some kind of security check i'll have to do?  If so, could I get a jump start on that, prior to making the trip up north?   

I understand there will be a waiting period, regardless of how complex the recruitment process will be.  But how long should I expect?

I just hope I don't have to settle with the U.S. Army.       

-Patrick from Missouri

My advice would be to join the USAF.  Good postings all over the world, and good tech training, as well as education and re-up plans that far beat ours.  You will notice far more Cdns trying to join the US Military than Americans trying to join the CF.  We just can't offer the same benefits package or oportunities. 

Tom

The dual status should be no problem - I have it - got it late but always in the back pocket. There will be normal bureaucracy and you should have no trouble from US side unless they have a claim on you but since there is no draft - you should have no problem.

Bear in mind they want you to file with the US IRS every year - I haven't done it for last three odd years. But I will!

Frozensoup said:

You don't want to settle for the best army in the world?

Big Red said:
You don't want to settle for the best army in the world?

Maybe he doesn't agree with the current politics of the country and how the armies being used, or perhaps he wants to belong to a country who is not extremely hated?.

After the age of 18 the United States no will longer recognize dual-citizenship and if you serve in any foreign military you will loose your US citizenship, though Canada will recognize your dual-citizenship,,, both of my brothers serve in the CF and they are both dual-citizens, and they have never had any problems,  

You will be required to undergo a pre-security assessment that may take up to 18 months or more to complete.  Also because you have not lived in Canada for the last five years you will be required to provide a criminal and credit check from the area you were living in.  Also, make sure you have detailed proof of where you lived and when and employer references.

"Maybe he doesn't agree with the current politics of the country and how the armies being used, or perhaps he wants to belong to a country who is not extremely hated?."

- So, would you want a person that sensitive in ANY Army?  What if our policies change, or we become more hated than we are now (which might happen as the oil for food scandal unravels..)?

Would such a person still fulfill their terms of reference?  We shared fire positons with US Soldiers on Op APOLLO.  Would a sensitive type of person refuse to support such a mission?

Tom

Frozensoup said:

I don't understand why you would not want to join a military that is better equipped and better manned than the one up north.  There are many people on this board and others who would give their left nut to join the US military but can't due to nationality.

The CF have a lot of excellent service members in it.  Having said this and having served both in the CF for 11 years and now four years in the Marines, I would pick the US military any day of the week and twice on Sunday.  Of course this is my opinion.

My question to you is this:  if you are looking for a military career, why do you want to join the CF as opposed to any branch of service in the US?  There are far greater career options and benefits in the US military...I'm just curious as to whether or not you have looked into all of the available options.  Feel free to respond.

PJ D-Dog

Back