• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DND 404 - Driver's Licence ( merged )

PtePwnage said:
Is there anywhere I could obtain a copy of said test?

Now this is getting rediculous.  Do you know how to drive or not? 

If you want the Written Test, you are insinuating that you want to CHEAT.

If you want the Driving Test, you are insinuating that you don't know how to DRIVE.

Both cases don't sound too encouraging to me.

Transport MAY give you a copy. There really is no need though, if you're a competent driver. You can lose up to 40 points and still pass, unless you do an unsafe act. Don't sweat the small stuff. Just go out and drive like you've been taught, and you'll do fine.

If it's any consolation, you get a copy AFTER the test, with all your mistakes. The examiner will also debrief you and tell you what he/she observed about your habits.

I know that the MILCOTS are modified Silverado trucks, and I did a little research about what kind of transmission they use. The civilian Silverado are offered with a 4-speed automatic transmission or a 5-speed manual transmission.  According to a maintenance manual I've found on GM's website, the CF have them in both flavors. Can someone confirm that?

EDIT: Spelling, grammar and clarity edits.

- It's an automatic, like just about everything else now that the Iltis is Kaput.

- Driving the MILVERADO follows a certain pattern.

1. Turn 16
2. Learn to drive at school.
3. Get a 404 by driving around the Armoury three times, all of it in an urban setting.
4. Get a tasking to Wainwright as an Observer/Controller's driver, then almost kill him/her because of never having driven:
a. On dirt tracks and trails
b. On gravel roads
c. At night
d. In convoy
e. In convoy at night
f. With Night Vision Goggles
g. Into and out of Hides/Harbours/Leaguers.

- So, don't mind me if I don't get too upset about a road test on a vehicle that is smaller than the truck that most girls get knocked up in these days.

- Editted to fix a glaring error.

Kyu said:
I know that the MILCOTS are modified Silverado trucks, and I did a little research about what kind of transmission they use. The civilian Silverado are offered with a 4-speed automatic transmission or a 5-speed manual transmission.  According to a maintenance manual I've found on GM's website, the CF have them in both flavors. Can someone confirm that?

Just a thought, but shouldn't you be taught the characteristics of the vhicle before being tested on it?

Have you even been taught the vehicle yet?

And if it almost sounds like you had a bad experince TCBF? :)

(On my QL3 course we spent an full day "practicing" (read: "learning") to back/ground guide an lsvw with a trailer because at least  half of the drivers couldn't do it.)

Kyu said:

I have yet to see an Standard Transmission MILCOTS.

From the manual you listed:

The vehicles are equipped with a 6.6L Turbo diesel engine with a 5-speed Allison automatic transmission and 2-speed transfer case.

NFLD Sapper said:
I have yet to see an Standard Transmission MILCOTS.

From the manual you listed:

Your right. I'm sure TCBF meant automatic, given the rest of the sentence.

Oldtimers have Sometimers Syndrome ;) ;D

Just a Sig Op said:
On my QL3 course we spent an full day "practicing" (read: "learning") to back/ground guide an lsvw with a trailer because at least  half of the drivers couldn't do it.

And wasn't I so pleased that day....

This maybe be a bit irrelevant and stupid but do you need your civi drivers license to do courses like this one and drivers wheel?

I know people with 404's for milcot and g-wagon that don't have G2 or G's from Ontario, so I guess not. Do a search I remember a big thread on the issue.

Cheers.

Usman_Syed said:
This maybe be a bit irrelevant and stupid but do you need your civi drivers license to do courses like this one and drivers wheel?

Short answer, no. However the powers to be in each area,(ASU,Militia Bde HQ, ect...) continue to reinvent the wheel and decree that before a candidate is loaded on LFC Dvr Whl, he or she must have a valid Ont Class G1 or equiv (learners permit). Why I have no idea, as it has no bearing on Treasury board approved, DND licence.

recceguy said:
Your right. I'm sure TCBF meant automatic, given the rest of the sentence.

Oldtimers have Sometimers Syndrome ;) ;D

Too much tin I guess  ;D

Back into the display case with you  ;)  >:D

NFLD Sapper said:
Too much tin I guess  ;D

Back into the display case with you  ;)  >:D

- I'm not blaming my mess tins, i'm blaming flouridation of our drinking water - a nefarious commie plot!

8)

Beadwindow 7 said:
And wasn't I so pleased that day....

None of us who could do it were pleased... but in retrospect, would you really rather have dealt with the reprecussions after one of those who couldn't do it had wrecked a trailer or a truck?

Just a Sig Op said:
None of us who could do it were pleased... but in retrospect, would you really rather have dealt with the reprecussions after one of those who couldn't do it had wrecked a trailer or a truck?

True. Though I seem to remember one of the trailers having just that happen anyway. 2 days before you leave on a confirmation ex is NOT the time to be teaching this kind of thing.

- Tactically backing a trailer over rough ground at night into a tactical harbour is a waste of time - give vehs with trailers a 'drivethrough' spot.

TCBF said:
- Tactically backing a trailer over rough ground at night into a tactical harbour is a waste of time - give vehs with trailers a 'drivethrough' spot.

You're rocking the boat, TCBF! Common Sense isn't permitted or encouraged at CFSCE!

TCBF said:

Yeah try parking the Dump Truck with a Beaver Tail (aka heavy trailer) lol

Beadwindow 7 said:
You're rocking the boat, TCBF! Common Sense isn't permitted or encouraged at CFSCE!

Or at CFSME  ;D

Beadwindow 7 said:

I love how they find the hardest ground possible for you to do your DET setup.

Back