• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Divided Between Three Choices

canadianblue

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Well, I am right now 17 years old, and am applying to the military police, and infantry reserves, as well as applying to the Grant Macewan Police Studies program. My question is this, currently I am split between three different careers I would like to do, Military Police, Infantry, and Fire Fighting. Is it possible to just lateral over to for example the DND Fire Service after about 5 years with the infantry, and the same with the military police, etc. Or is their extra requirments required of that.

Right now I am in pretty good physical condition.

I run between 4-5 miles a day
Do 4 sets of pushups which are basically as follows, 1 set of 50, 1 set of 45, 1 set of 40, and 1 set of 35, same with partial curlups

Would the DND Fire Departments also require me to have any additional or specific high school or post secondary courses, if I were to apply after a few years in the infantry or military police?

Thanks for the responses, I did a search but was unable to find an answer.

Sounds to me like you need to spend a little more time thinking.Do your research into everything about your three choices and from there you should be able to pick one that really appeals to you.Changing jobs in the CF cant be done when its convenient to you and really, how do you think your co-workers will feel about someone that is just putting a few years into a trade so they can get another one.

Everyone has a few careers that interest them but you must chose the one you will be happy doing 20-30 years from now.Also think about career progression if you keep changing jobs every few years.

Back