• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cutting your own hair

Kevin_M

Inactive
Reaction score
Odd question yes, but I had a hair related question. I shave my head right down with clippers. I was told it was a charge to cut your own hair while on course. I can't remember what it was called but I thought I'd ask if you guys have heard of it.

I just like to save my money rather then pay 10-15 bucks on a hair cut once a week.

Thanks for any help.

Kevin_M said:
Odd question yes, but I had a hair related question. I shave my head right down with clippers. I was told it was a charge to cut your own hair while on course. I can't remember what it was called but I thought I'd ask if you guys have heard of it.

I just like to save my money rather then pay 10-15 bucks on a hair cut once a week.

Thanks for any help.

As you have just come off SQ (your own recent statement) you will have seen the Haircut Regulations.  Does what you are proposing fill the requirements laid out in those Regulations?  If not, then you are breaking the Regulations.  Right?

They have these neat things for the clippers called "guides" what they do is prevent you from royally screwing your own hair up.  They even have different sizes so that you can do the top a little longer than the back and sides. 

Honestly, as a former stylist, all I could do is shake my head at your subject line.  Saw the results of that way too many times. 

How can you manage to screw up your hair cut when it is all the same size with the smallest size? Been doing it for 2 years without a problem.

I actually haven't seen the hair regulations since I've always kept it short I haven't had to look. If you have a link that would be great though. Always worth looking at.

Kevin_M said:
How can you manage to screw up your hair cut when it is all the same size with the smallest size? Been doing it for 2 years without a problem.
If you've been doing it for two years and no one has picked you up for it, why the frig are you worrying about it now for. Carry on as normal and quit listening to the barrack room lawyers in the mess. Normally, they're gits.

I actually haven't seen the hair regulations since I've always kept it short I haven't had to look. If you have a link that would be great though. Always worth looking at.

Do a search for haircuts. It's there.

I've been cutting my own hair for a few years now (Generally a one all over, I've decided that I'm no longer willing to pay somone $15 to remove what nature is in the process of removing on it's own). It's not hard, just use the same size guard all over, or shave it down to the smallest setting.

That being said, it's probably not the best bet to be cutting your own hair while on course/around the shacks, or if you are, DO NOT BECOME THE COURSE BARBER... people in need of hair cuts will always ask you to cut their hair for them, some will offer to pay... don't... this is just asking for trouble and the possible spread of head lice...

Back