• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

convincing parents

I agree and that is what I did. Mind you my Dad was in the military and most of my family are or were in so it was not a hard sell to them. When you are old enough to join on your own, just do it! You will be out in the world making your own way. The military can be a very rewarding and uplifting experience........I am sure your parents will notice a change in you after it is said and done.........and if I may use a quote that I do not know who coined but I live by......"IT IS EASIER TO BEG FORGIVENESS THEN TO ASK FOR PERMISSION!" ;D

just say " mommy dear i luv ya lotz u my fave mommy on the wholel wide world... pleez let me go!! NOW" uhhhh maybe not just say it makes u happy she'll fall 4 that catch!!!
Good luck
mandee 4 eva  ;D

I think it may take a tad more than that to convince her...

My mother was a tough sell.  What I found was that she had a lot of misconceptions and bad information about the forces.  All I did was try to educate her.  I am very well researched and whenever she brought something up I was able to respond in a calm and intelligent manner, and I was able to back it up with actual written proof.  A number of good threads on here helped greatly with that, words from people who have been there and done that are quite good for getting a point across.  She's still not terribly happy about it, but she understands and supports me.  I think the thing that made her back off the most was that I was able to show that I knew exactly what I was getting into, and that I was dedicated to it.  She was actually quite angry when they cut CEOTP and I got cut with it.  I wasn't even really angry, just disappointed.  Just stay motivated, do your research and try to educate rather than argue.

Best of luck

My rents did not approve at all. but i joined anyways.

since then they came around. Take em to your BMQ grad parade... make em proud.
They will also be proud when you earn your cap badge and DEU's

Its tough fighting them off. But your dedication will sway them. Not to mention public support.

Now i just gotta find a way to tell em that im going to afghanistan! LoL im a dead man

Spr. Richmond

Back