• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Concealed carry on Post/Base

Status
Not open for further replies.
ballz said:
It's still a bad idea... This is about crime and your right to defend yourself, not corporate law.

If you have to post a 10,000 bond to own a CCW, you are basically paying 10k for the right to defend yourself with the most efficient means possible, plus all the other fees you will continue to pay (annual testing, renewal, registration, etc). You wouldn't be getting your 10k back unless you decided you didn't want your CCW correct? Well I'd be wanting to keep my CCW until I keeled over, so I'd be kissing that 10k good-bye. Also, not many people can afford that, and your right to defend yourself shouldn't come down to your chequing account.

I honestly don't understand how a corporate solution got brought into a criminal law debate.

EDIT: And I agree a lot of these posts need to be moved to the Great Gun Control Debate

But still you buy car insurance. Same thing.

And I suspect that the $10000 is just a number used as an example.

It would probably fall more in line with the price of car insurance or homeowner's insurance. Basically covers your butt if you somehow screw up and take out an innocent bystander rather than the perp. Or mistakenly use deadly force only later to discover that the other guy had no weapon.

It's all moot anyway as we've all pointed out, in that there is no way they will change the laws to expand CCW anyway.

Move your discussion to the previously before mentioned link please.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back