• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CMMA - replacing the CP140 Aurora

Back pedaling has begun now in earnest. The Liberals are in trouble in Quebec, according to a recent poll, so the odds of a contract to Boeing have been reduced significantly. Also, apparently, the CP-140 replacement is not as critical as has been previously reported, and is no longer an "urgent operational requirement".

One thing that most folks don’t see is that Bombardier didn’t just find out that the RCAF was looking to replace the Aurora, or that the P-8 was being looked at. They, along with DeHavilland, Boeing, and everyone else, can see the GoC website where this comes up.

So their CEO having a shocked Pikachu face now means either Bombardier hasn’t been checking very public open-source info, or didn’t bid. Given that even the Canadian Press is commenting that Bombardier doesn’t have an actual aircraft to bid with, I’d say it’s the second option.

As I’ve said before, this is a desperate Hail Mary play. I could say that Dimsum Aerospace can also create an aircraft to compete…

One thing that most folks don’t see is that Bombardier didn’t just find out that the RCAF was looking to replace the Aurora, or that the P-8 was being looked at. They, along with DeHavilland, Boeing, and everyone else, can see the GoC website where this comes up.

So their CEO having a shocked Pikachu face now means either Bombardier hasn’t been checking very public open-source info, or didn’t bid. Given that even the Canadian Press is commenting that Bombardier doesn’t have an actual aircraft to bid with, I’d say it’s the second option.

As I’ve said before, this is a desperate Hail Mary play. I could say that Dimsum Aerospace can also create an aircraft to compete…

More of the fact that they can bid defence stuff and found that is it the only market they have left to grow in. This is a newer development. They should just come clean on that and then people round think better of them.

By the time the "winning bid" is chosen the P-8 line will be shut down, making this whole process a moot point
Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN

By the time the "winning bid" is chosen the P-8 line will be shut down, making this whole process a moot point
The fact they did that already seems lost on them.

Well prepare for a fisting from us down here.

Or…the GoC agrees and says “we did that. Over a year and a half ago. Here’s a link to the website; feel free to ask anyone who didn’t submit a proposal to a publicly tendered RFI why they CHOSE not to…”.

The fact they did that already seems lost on them.

Well prepare for a fisting from us down here.

That, and our VP fleet will be take as seriously as it should be. Make no mistake, our Allies know how good our fleet is…or is not. We deploy with them. Ain’t no hiding when missions are CNXd on ex or ops with your friends, especially when you’re asking for bobbles and bolts from their stores…

It must have been wild proposing mounting the radar on top of the cockpit like that.

And are those wireless Bose headphones? I wish we had those instead of the POS David Clarks.

ETA: In the article, there are LCdrs as Sensor Operators. I can feel the AES Op rage from here :ROFLMAO:
They seem very proud of their service and flying record, which considering they are flying old Soviet aircraft is quite the feat of maintenance.

Back