• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF Issued Junk

geo said:
Umm... think you're talking about the "old" LBV.
Cotton style LBV has been pulled out of circulation about 2 or 3 yrs now...

That's exactly what I'm talking about Geo. As far as I know there was only 1 LBV which was followed by the nice idea, lousy execution TAC vest, which is an entirely different bitch session. ;D

I am almost 100% sure i see the cotton LBV Arid cadpat version  on a few soldiers while i was over seas last year.

geo said:
Umm... think you're talking about the "old" LBV.
Cotton style LBV has been pulled out of circulation about 2 or 3 yrs now...
Beg to differ,

Was issued one in October.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/67860/post-635189.html#msg635189

AmmoTech90 said:
Beg to differ,

Was issued one in October.

Yeah, but you're special!! Heck ... just look at the hoops I had to jump through to get you some ICE prior to your posting to better places!!  :mad: <---- that's for the posting & for not taking me with you!

ArmyVern (Female type) said:
Yeah, but you're special!! Heck ... just look at the hoops I had to jump through to get you some ICE prior to your posting to better places!!  :mad: <---- that's for the posting & for not taking me with you!

Well, as I said at the time, come over for a visit, I've still got some time left here.  And don't think that ICE isn't/wasn't appreciated both in Merry Olde England (and the rest of the island) and in sunny but frickin freezing Helmand.

Vern, I loved those freaking fur hats, I watched a Van Doo officer also get clubbed unconscious in a smoking area.  He was wearing the damned thing with the felt flap unfastened at the bottom and was wearing one of those fancy metal Beaver badges, you could almost hear the thudding sounds every time the wind caught it

Does anyone actually remember wearing the Elmer Fudd hat for work dress? 

::)  MLVW lousy piece of kit , most defintly not , good piece if kit yes dependable tough rugged able to due the job that it was designed for.
  :-X  LSVW yes was originally designed as a airforce maintiance vehicle  around the airhead.
    my hated piece of fit was the early rain gear

oh yes lets not forget the macaroni cheeze AND peas for breakfast............... :skull:

axeman said:
  ::)  MLVW lousy piece of kit , most defintly not , good piece if kit yes dependable tough rugged able to due the job that it was designed for.
  :-X   LSVW yes was originally designed as a airforce maintiance vehicle  around the airhead.

oh yes lets not forget the macaroni cheeze AND peas for breakfast............... :skull:

OK, ok  X-Country best kind, highway the shits.

Charon said:
Does anyone actually remember wearing the Elmer Fudd hat for work dress? 

The Elmer Fudd hat was actually useful, stupid looking, but useful.  Wore it (with flaps down) during a particularly harsh winter in Borden while on my TQ3 course (when dinosaurs ruled the earth).  It probably prevented many cases of frostbite to the ears of students marching to and from the school.  The "Hat, Fur, Stupid", on the other hand, was useless except as a tea cozy.

Blackadder1916 said:
The Elmer Fudd hat was actually useful, stupid looking, but useful.  Wore it (with flaps down) during a particularly harsh winter in Borden while on my TQ3 course (when dinosaurs ruled the earth).  It probably prevented many cases of frostbite to the ears of students marching to and from the school.  The "Hat, Fur, Stupid", on the other hand, was useless except as a tea cozy.

I wore it during an average winter in Inuvik. At -50, the toque just doesn't cut it alone, but the Elmer Fudd hat gave extra protection.

"Does anyone actually remember wearing the Elmer Fudd hat for work dress? "

Yep sure do...was useless for infantry.

Worst kit....the garratrooper dress ensemble....collosal waste of money. I still have the boots

The MLVW is actually a pretty solid piece of kit, although when it first entered the system there were all sorts of problems that shouldn't have existed, like the radiator mount that was too weak, and the cab mounting bolts that were totally inadequate.  I remember that problem rearing up again later too. As for the nifty garrison dress, belts will be worn, then belts off, because it worn out the nylon, But it did make the folks in Ottawa look butch.  The boots are actually great for motor biking.

axeman said:
  :-X   LSVW yes was originally designed as a airforce maintiance vehicle  around the airhead.

The MLVW was a bastard redesign of a old design,  done by people that should have stuck to building golf carts and snowmobiles. The engine was an improvement for sure. While the Deuce suffered from some issues, most notably the engine power, I always felt it was far better thought out for it's time than the MLVW was for it's time.

Boots, Crappy, MkIII

I hated that with a passion...

The "Hat, Fur, Stupid", on the other hand, was useless except as a tea cozy.

Exactly what my mum used it for, complete with capbadge.  Lasted her about 12 years, as I recall.

OldSolduer said:
Worst kit....the garratrooper dress ensemble....collosal waste of money. I still have the boots

That one made absolutely no sense;  our combats were plain jane green and should have gone over to camo years earlier, but instead we got a garrison work dress jacket that was camo, with highly shined clown boots.  Id like to know who invented that get-up...

LSVW,
The Current Issue Crap Raingear that gets shiney when wet.....
MK III Cbt Boots,
The POS Straps that secure the valise to the Rucksack
The Tac Vest

2 Cdo said:
Yes, the Food Bearing Vest as modelled by a certain RSM who shall remain nameless.  :eek:
Included the inevitable kit list to be carried in said vest that completely forgot about the need to carry ammunition. Wasn't it made of the same material as the old Combat Jean jacket?

LOL....ah the Penguin and the FBV....I think I have a pic of that somewhere, I know it was in the Patrician...lol
How are you Steve?

Back