• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF 18 loses parts over Lake Ontario

Sergeant295 said:
I am glad to have Canada as an allied force, not only because I am a duel citizen but because the Canadian Forces is a wonderful force filled with top notch people!

Thanks, its nice to hear that from time to time.  Made my day today.  :salute:

It was nice to see them, always enjoy hearing the roar of fighter jets.

Indeed!  Apparently it flew over my parents house in Mississauga.

It's almost Airshow time at the CNE.....I'm going to it for the first time since I've been in university (traditionally the Labour day weekend is school stuff for me)

Yeah, i know what you mean.  I'm usually back in Peterborough on the Labour Day weekend to begin preparing things for the coming school year.  This year will be no different, well except thanks to my new position in our Anthro society i'll be doing a lot more things during ISW (Trent's version of Frosh)... 
I haven't been to the airshow since 2001, i was there the day before I moved into Res.  Damn, that was a long time ago. 

classes begin in 61 days for me... 

Anthro society i'll be doing a lot more things during ISW

Me too! But replace Anthro with Geography.  I'm usually heavily involved with Welcome(Frosh) Week, last year I was one of the main planners, and I was back at school two weeks early!

This year I have said "Screw it, I'm going to the airshow!!"

I'm 52 days away from the start of welcome week.....oh joy

any of guys commenting on the common occurences in the rotary wing world actually fly helicopters? or attended flight safety briefings?  or do you just cruise the NTSB sites?

short final said:
any of guys commenting on the common occurences in the rotary wing world actually fly helicopters? or attended flight safety briefings?   or do you just cruise the NTSB sites?

Ease up there bud.

Some of those people your calling out are helo pilots.

You're also a bit new to be talking that way around here.

Slim
STAFF

short final said:
any of guys commenting on the common occurences in the rotary wing world actually fly helicopters? or attended flight safety briefings?   or do you just cruise the NTSB sites?
I'm not a pilot, but full-time crew on a helicopter for 4 years now. Logged about 1000hrs on operational flights. Not in the CF, but in Civillian Helicopter EMS operations.
In my profile there is a link to my website that explains more about what I do.

I'm a CF helo pilot myself, combat read aircraft captain on a griffon as a matter of fact, and the point I was trying to make is that whole "parts falling off occurs more in the rotary world" is a pretty uneducated statement.  Yes, there has been significant incidents involving rotary wing aircraft.  Look back a year or two ago when an entire cargo door ripped off a Griffon at 10,000ft.  But to say it happens more often isn't very accurate unless you have the stats to back it up.  And using select DND FS occurences as examples is pretty one sided as well.  What about posting some fixed wing examples?

What about the Tutor canopy that ripped off and landed in a golf course?  What about the main gear door that ripped of a Harvard II?  What about the tail section of a 737 falling into a New York neigborhood, followed by the rest of the plane shortly thereafter?

I'd be far less concerned about a rubber mast boot falling off and putting a scuff mark on my rotor blade. 

And don't try to lay on some sort of elitist holier than thou because I have 1000 posts on an internet forum, it doesn't hold water anywhere but here in your little anonymous forum.

And don't try to lay on some sort of elitist holier than thou because I have 1000 posts on an internet forum, it doesn't hold water anywhere but here in your little anonymous forum.

Lets keep it civil shall we. Everyone is asked to be nice and respect everyone else's TI and experience.

Just because its the internet does not give you the right to lay into others just because you don't know who you're talking to.

Also, out of courtesy and respect to the other members here I would like you to fill out your profile.

Play nice please.

Slim
STAFF

"Your" being the key word...  We welcome your experience, and hopefully - future participation. That being said, if you don't want to talk nice, you are free to leave. This is indeed a privately owned site, and the conduct guidelines have been created and are enforced per the direction of the owner.

Internet pokey-chest, quite frankly - seems beneath someone of your experience.

Regards.

M MacFarlane
Army.ca Staff

:army:

Back