• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CDN/US Covid-related political discussion

What about now?

I’ll stick with his original promise, which was all Canadians who want to, will be vaccinated by September.
Trudeau says all Canadians will be vaccinated by September. Did he forget kids?
…“As I've been saying since this past November, we expect all Canadians to be vaccinated by the end of September, for those who want it,” Trudeau said.

I want to see how he treats children…since he’s already playing with his earlier promise’s wording…trying to high five based on saying Canada will have enough vaccine this week.

If my child was under 12, I’d have an issue with the glee he’s (and you) are showing for wrapping things up to his anticipated accolades, while they remained unvaccinated. Plays fast and loose with wording isn’t going to help unvaccinated children.

Of note for all, from November 2020 until the April/May 2021 timeframe, Trudeau never caveated his promise of “all who want it by September” with “Oh, but not Canada’s children…”

1627413245074.gif

This whole argument stemmed from how badly we were doing to how well we would be doing.

we are leading the world in vaccinations in relation to our population.

just enjoy the moment.

This whole argument stemmed from how badly we were doing to how well we would be doing.

we are leading the world in vaccinations in relation to our population.

just enjoy the moment.
No, not buying that "we started badly but are finishing up well" argument.

We are a first world country, member of the G7 and G20, and yet we still sucked in procuring vaccines. Thousands of deaths resulted. Hard to enjoy if you lost a loved one.

I’ll stick with his original promise, which was all Canadians who want to, will be vaccinated by September.
Trudeau says all Canadians will be vaccinated by September. Did he forget kids?
Not one country in the world is vaccinating kids under 12.

Not the UK. Not the USA. Not Israel. Why?

It's not approved. Why? Because the pharmaceutical companies have not done enough tests to grant approval ANYWHERE on planet earth.

So unless you want our PM to invent a vaccine for under 12s, or go against every regulatory body and just start jabbing under 12s, you sir, are being unreasonable.

I want to see how he treats children…since he’s already playing with his earlier promise’s wording…trying to high five based on saying Canada will have enough vaccine this week.
Not approved. And what's better, by September, we will have enough vaccines for the kids as well, if it is approved.
If my child was under 12, I’d have an issue with the glee he’s (and you) are showing for wrapping things up to his anticipated accolades, while they remained unvaccinated. Plays fast and loose with wording isn’t going to help unvaccinated children.
Talk to Pfizer or Moderna or AstraZeneca.
Of note for all, from November 2020 until the April/May 2021 timeframe, Trudeau never caveated his promise of “all who want it by September” with “Oh, but not Canada’s children…”

View attachment 65885
You're grasping at straws.

You're better than this.

We are a first world country, member of the G7 and G20, and yet we still sucked in procuring vaccines. Thousands of deaths resulted. Hard to enjoy if you lost a loved one.
So you are going against your word to give credit?

Got it.

"win" on semantics, fine, have at it.
I just cracked a Rockstar with vodka to celebrate my early win. Thanks. I owe my astute attention to semantics from watching too many movies with djinni's.
No MarioMike I don't mean Barbara Eden ;)

You’re better than this.
You’re right. I’m asking for more than Trudeau can give. Canada shouldn’t feel the need to aspire to actually look after groups such as children, if chimeric words will suffice. All who want to, becomes should have enough to, becomes…whatever comes next.

So back on topic to feed your need to rub people’s noses in it to feel better about yourself, let me state…again…that I reserve my adulation for when Trudeau’s original promise is met…those (less the children below 12, of course…let me cede that to you, so you can feel better about yourself) who want to be vaccinated, are vaccinated.

July 27 - 64.3% vaccinated.

CCA55EF0-E65B-4BD6-B592-5BD3A7A3F0C0.jpeg

Tic Tock Trudeau…

ps. Tic Tock Altair
Now say it with “Premier Ford” in your sentence…

You’re right. I’m asking for more than Trudeau can give. Canada shouldn’t feel the need to aspire to actually look after groups such as children, if chimeric words will suffice. All who want to, becomes should have enough to, becomes…whatever comes next.
What do you want them to do?

Say it.

Do you want them to give vaccines to children when no other country in the planet is doing that?

Do you want them to go against health Canada and just unilaterally approve the vaccines for those under 12, even though no vaccine maker has even asked for approval for that yet?

Say what you would want instead.
So back on topic to feed your need to rub people’s noses in it to feel better about yourself, let me state…again…that I reserve my adulation for when Trudeau’s original promise is met…those (less the children below 12, of course…let me cede that to you, so you can feel better about yourself) who want to be vaccinated, are vaccinated.

July 27 - 64.3% vaccinated.

View attachment 65891

Tic Tock Trudeau…
The vaccines are in the country, so all that is left is for people to go get them. The promise is fulfilled. Everyone who want to be fully vaccinated by September can be.
ps. Tic Tock Altair
I already did this.

The vaccines are in the country, so all that is left is for people to go get them. The promise is fulfilled. Everyone who want to be fully vaccinated by September can be.
“Can be” ≠ “will be/are”

Nothing wrong with being from Missouri. See you in September.

“Can be” ≠ “will be/are”

Nothing wrong with being from Missouri. See you in September.
The Feds have done all they can do.

They cannot give vaccines to the under 12s until it is approved.

They are also not in charge of distribution, that is on the provinces.

The thing that Doug Ford is doing a good job at, remember?

So you can be a man of your word, or you can hide and not fulfill your end of the bargain.

I would recommend being a man but you do you.

Prime Minister Trudeau just announced that Canada will receive 5m more Pfizer in June than were originally scheduled (those were supposed to arrive much later in the summer). Pfizer has put us way ahead of schedule. We'll be getting 9.6 million doses just from Pfizer in June.

4m in April, 4.1m in May and then 9.6m in June. 17.7 million doses of Pfizer to come between now and June. And then there's Moderna, J&J, AZ and the x-factor, Novavax. We'll be in a good spot by the end of June.

The tally, by the end of June according to the delivery schedule.

Pfizer: 23.3m
Moderna: 14.2m
AZ: 6.4m

Total doses: 43.9m, enough for AT LEAST 80% of the eligible population who will actually agree to take the vaccine. Probably as high as 90%.

This does not include Novavax or J&J. J&J likely approved by the end of April. Could potentially push it to a hair under 50 million in the end. At this rate, until children are approved, we'll all be getting our second doses by late July I think. Just a month or two later than the US.

For all of the people who think we are failing.
We’ll check this against reality in July.
Even if this is spot on, I doubt you give the federal government any credit.
I will give credit where due.
We shall see then.
For the record, @Weinie , you have NOT given the federal government any credit.

Any moron can buy a pool in October....didn't do the family much good in the summer.

When they were needed they fell down, the only reason they got back up was extra wads of our money and there was a massive surge of vaccines. Heck, I could have walked into Phizer and bought some.
The only thing done right here was distribution and provinces getting them into arms....

Any moron can buy a pool in October....didn't do the family much good in the summer.

When they were needed they fell down, the only reason they got back up was extra wads of our money and there was a massive surge of vaccines. Heck, I could have walked into Phizer and bought some.
The only thing done right here was distribution and provinces getting them into arms....
Yes, that is why Canada is number one in the G20.

If only Australia, New Zealand, Japan , France, Germany, ect, knew all they had to do was walk into Pfizer and buy themselves a boatload of vaccines...

So when the USA and the UK and Israel was ahead of Canada, Canada was horrible, a utter failure.

When Canada is ahead, meh, anyone could have done it.

Love it.

Last edited:
For the record, @Weinie , you have NOT given the federal government any credit.
Are you following my Facebook posts too? Just wondering.

I am really too disengaged to go back and parse all that you said in your posts and pick the flyshit out of the pepper. I would rather ignore you, except that you seem to thrive on posting that which will stir up controversy. My bad, for trying to engage in rational discourse.

Are you following my Facebook posts too? Just wondering.
Obviously.

Why wouldn't I?
I am really too disengaged to go back and parse all that you said in your posts and pick the flyshit out of the pepper. I would rather ignore you, except that you seem to thrive on posting that which will stir up controversy. My bad, for trying to engage in rational discourse.
I didn't know getting people to do what they said they were going to do was controversial.

That's fine. You already said this.
I am both impressed and disturbed about your chronological memory. In addition, we seem to be proceeding in the way that you predicted. So, variants and missteps aside, we are close to what you predicted.
You more or less gave me credit, despite saying you would give it to the Feds.

I'll take what I can get.

I did lose a loved one. My point is people are arguing over scraps, we are way ahead now. People won’t change their position even if we were the best most producing vaccine farmers in the world. Those locked on their political sides will never admit to the other that they were wrong.

we are in a good spot now.

Some of you fell Into Altair's trap and took his bet when you should not have. Don’t get upset when he comes calling. You guys should have known better.

Back