• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN 97/08 LDA FAQs

Our SSM passed it on today. Honestly  I hate losing the money but am glad to see it go.....how many people used it to argue they couldnt afford to go to posting X? I've seen it too much. Apparently sea pay is going as well.

This seems to be the only LDA thread remaining so Ill ask this here.

Do personnel posted to 450 Sqn receive LDA? Thanks.

HULK_011 said:
This seems to be the only LDA thread remaining so Ill ask this here.

Do personnel posted to 450 Sqn receive LDA? Thanks.

List of units (probably outdated and most of the links are broken) at reply #95 on page 4.

Hey guys.

first off let me apologize if this has already been answered multiple times but I cant seem to find the answer anywhere. I just completed my 404's course and one of the instructors was telling me his son gets field pay/ LDA due to being posted to an operational base, he eluded that the added pay was on every cheque regardless of being in the field or not. the only thing I could find was this and its semi-confusing. Any ways to find out which bases and or units will have this? I'm an weapons tech apprentice and I've been told I can only goto Pet, Gagetown, Valcartier and Edmonton.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-benefits/ch-205-officer-ncm-allowance-rates.page

any one care to explain it in simple terms for me?

Thanks in advance

Simple version: It depends on the unit, not the base.  So, for weapons techs, a tech posted to 3 CDSG Tech Services would not receive LDA.  A tech posted to 1 Svc Bn would receive LDA.

There was a time not too long ago that some AT's in Pet got LDA while the other half didn't. Kick in the junk.

Back