• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Vetern Died Yesterday at 82

CesarNostradamus

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, i am new here and i am not in the military. Although my aspiration to the Canadian military are still prominent in some cases :cdn:

Yesterday an old Canadian Veteren died. He fought in World War 2. Just recently I had painted a picture for the Legion here in Drumheller to express my condolences. Anyway,... The sad Part is that the Legion the old Veterens, Cried when they seen my painting.. When i gave it to them on November 11 of this year.

Im not a well known artist, infact ive started only 5 years ago-
In highschool I had a friend who is now serving in Khadahar.. I was to join with him, i was much athletic than him at the time, served in sea cadets and army cadets. But something had happend 2 years before then. World Trade center was attacked. A second Attack Ever on American Soi after pearl Harbour. I guess i didnt have it in me to join then, and the causes i could not quiet understand. I do hope that the canadians can uphold there peacekeeping ways  :salute:

Anyway..
Heres to our Dead Hero! Let US NOT FORGET, NOT EVER

pic2.jpg

Hey Ryan,
welcome to the forum.  Nice painting.  Had a bit of a rough go reading your 1st post....

WRT our upkeeping our peacekeeping ways... I should point out that
1.  We went to the defence of our neighbour and ally when they were attacked  - someone else broke the peace and we are there to see that peace is restored.  We went to Afghanistan in 2002 to take the war "to the ennemy".

2.  We returned to Afghanistan (Kabul & now Kandahar) to aid and assist the elected government of Afghanistan wrestle the country from the hands of the Taliban.... a group that was not elected and not representing all the people of Afghanistan.  The Afghan poeople want ISAF, NATO & Canada to stay there & bring stability to their daily lives.

3.  We are in Afghanistan to train the Afghan Army and Police.  Create structure out of havoc.

Back