• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT) [MERGED]

• Thread starter Thread starter Se7eN
  • Start date Start date
Eye In The Sky said:
Here's my input into this thread:

- every single person who has failed the 'basic training' course or initial trades training, whatever it may be for whatever trade, including both Officer and NCM occupations, passed the CFAT.  This happens year..after year...after year.

A hex! He put a hex on us!  >:D

Seriously, I think we all know that "passing" the CFAT is no guarantee that we will pass anything else. We need to continue proving ourselves and doing our very best at every stage of the process. I'm a little 'concerned' about certain aspects of basic training, but I'll cross those proverbial bridges when I come to them.

FYI: If I had not qualified for the trades I wanted, I would have written the test again. I don't give up that easily. ;)

this thread has over-extended its welcome in cyberspace.........

CFAT scores mean jackshit.........if you need to know what your score was so you can sleep at night then you have problems. You either qualify for your trades or you didnt.

Snafu-Bar said:
There we're six

After that, I wonder about this:

Snafu-Bar said:
........... but the fact I made it through was good enough for me. The score wasn't important so much as being told i am qualified for all my choices.

Yes this topic has outlived its usefulness.

i was wondering if some one can tell me if you are supposed to get the results of your aptitude test right away or wait 2 weeks for them 2 contact you, i have seen on other posts that people were told right away of their score. unlike me i have 2 wait 2 weeks so im guessing i failed, but i would like to be told straight up. no lies...

thanks for any help

Don't get your panties in a bunch. CFRCs are a very busy place. In all likelyhood, it's just going to take them that long to get to it. If they'd have known you failed, they would have told you. Be patient. You likely have a long career of 'hurry up and wait' ahead of you.

There's also tons of stuff available here on the subject. A 'search' would have brought it up.

i want to be but i noticed that the recruiting officer talked longer( 15 min ) with every one elses other than me( 2 min ) that did the test, and i over heard  one of the other applicants talking to his father about his results

You can either call and try confirm or wait like you were told. We can't guess what they are doing or whether you passed.

Once more, if you 'search' you may turn up something else that will assuage your fears.

Reading the Guidelines about grammar, spelling and capitalization wouldn't hurt (actually required) either.

Milnet.ca Staff

jcph90 said:
i want to be but i noticed that the recruiting officer talked longer( 15 min ) with every one elses other than me( 2 min ) that did the test, and i over heard  one of the other applicants talking to his father about his results

Actually - it takes longer to tell someone they failed the test than it does to tell the person they qualified for their occupation choices.  Check with the CFRC to find out what happens next, and when.

BC Old Guy said:
Actually - it takes longer to tell someone they failed the test than it does to tell the person they qualified for their occupation choices.  Check with the CFRC to find out what happens next, and when.

What CFRC/D doesn't tell the applicant right away whether they have met the CFAT standards or they haven't?  There is something fishy here.

kincanucks said:
What CFRC/D doesn't tell the applicant right away whether they have met the CFAT standards or they haven't?  There is something fishy here.

As far as I know, the standard is to tell applicants their results at the conclusion of the test.  However, how this is done does vary from one CFRC/D to another. 

Yes, something fishy may be here, however, my experience has been that there has been a communications lapse between the CFRC/D staff and the applicant - either the applicant didn't hear what the staff said, or missed what was said, or the staff provided a general comment that was not understood.  Unless I know where, and by whom the CFAT debrief was conducted, I can't tell what happened.

I took the test at the Oshawa, ON recruitment center, I applied for weapons tech land ,and infantry. I pay very close attention when people talk to me and all he did was give me my $5.70 for doing the test and said they need to wait 2 weeks to hear from Ottawa and then i should get  a call. i was the last 2 be called up and each person had at least 12 min, some went up twice (also they seemed happy).
thanks again guys..

jcph90 said:
i was wondering if some one can tell me if you are supposed to get the results of your aptitude test right away or wait 2 weeks for them 2 contact you, i have seen on other posts that people were told right away of their score. unlike me i have 2 wait 2 weeks so im guessing i failed, but i would like to be told straight up. no lies...

thanks for any help

Looking at the other comments and then re-reading your OP, I am not sure that the answers match the original query.

Did they tell you whether or not you qualified for your trades (all or any)? If so, then you did get your results. If you qualify, you "passed", and if you didn't, you "failed". Apparently, it is not common to get your actual score, so don't wait by the phone for that. Some are told, many are not...there does not appear to be a rhyme or reason to it.

Since it's a computer-based test, the results are instantaneous. They should have given you the thumbs up or thumbs down for your trade(s) within minutes of completing the test (depending on how many were waiting, could be more than a few minutes but not days later...).

If you are still confused about your results, just call them and ask.

they did not mention if i qualified for anything, i was sure before i did the test he said that we would go over our results after the test( i even asked him if he said that but he said he didn't.

jcph90 said:
they did not mention if i qualified for anything, i was sure before i did the test he said that we would go over our results after the test( i even asked him if he said that but he said he didn't.

This doesn't sound right to me. Call them and ask for your results. Even better: if you are near to the RC, drop in and ask to speak to someone about your CFAT results.

BC Old Guy said:
As far as I know, the standard is to tell applicants their results at the conclusion of the test.  However, how this is done does vary from one CFRC/D to another. 

Yes, something fishy may be here, however, my experience has been that there has been a communications lapse between the CFRC/D staff and the applicant - either the applicant didn't hear what the staff said, or missed what was said, or the staff provided a general comment that was not understood.  Unless I know where, and by whom the CFAT debrief was conducted, I can't tell what happened.

Fair enough but in 6 years of recruiting I didn't have one applicant that went through my Det that didn't know how they did on the CFAT before they left the office.  I had them leave not understand the counseling out for NPD, funny how that happens, but never their CFAT results.  I don't know what happened with this person. Maybe it was one of those X-files phenomenon? jcph90 is your hearing okay?

kincanucks said:
Fair enough but in 6 years of recruiting I didn't have one applicant that went through my Det that didn't know how they did on the CFAT before they left the office.  I had them leave not understand the counseling out for NPD, funny how that happens, but never their CFAT results.  I don't know what happened with this person. Maybe it was one of those X-files phenomenon? jcph90 is your hearing okay?

The more that jcph90 writes, the less I understand.  I'm looking forward to seeing what he has to say after he contacts the Det.

guys, im just as confused as you are, and yes me hearing is more than ok. if any of u can do anything ill give u my service number,and i will let u know how this turns out

i will find it really depressing if I'm not smart enough for infantry. even though i know i could be a weapons tech.( by the way I'm a locksmith and a quick learner and i know just about all i can about firearms with out actually ever firing one.)   

jcph90 said:
i will find it really depressing if I'm smart enough for infantry. even though i know i could be a weapons.( by the way I'm a locksmith and a quick learner and i know just about all i can about firearms with out actually ever firing one.)   

Can you try that post again but in english ?

Back