• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT) [MERGED]

Im saying this based on a person who did the CFAT with me. He was offered only 6 or 7 trade and I think it was steward, infantry and a few others. i never claimed i knew everything about the CFAT either

The CFAT is based on Grad 10 education.

The %iles are not normally given out because they can be misleading.

the "cut off" scores vary with different occupational groups, and those cut off scores can vary yearly, or every so often.

My advice to you is don't think too much about what score you need to get, just try to answer all of them as you are not penalized for wrong answers.
Also, only attempt the aptitude test if you feel you are ready to pass as there is a limit with how many times you can write the test, as you might need to get an academic upgrade to rewrite.

If you have any other questions contact your local recruiting centre and ask to speak to the testing clerk. 1-800-856-8488

Hey everyone,

I can't seem to find an answer for something that has probably been asked before, so please bear with me.

I have my CFAT booked for tomorrow and I was just wondering if I should dress up for it?

Thanks

Kruggle said:
Hey everyone,

I can't seem to find an answer for something that has probably been asked before, so please bear with me.

I have my CFAT booked for tomorrow and I was just wondering if I should dress up for it?

Thanks

Dress civilized, so... leave the G-Unit, or Ozzy Osbourne shirt at home  ;)  Dress half formal first impressions are the ones people remember the most. That may mean having the advantage over the next person, you may get the job offer, and the other person will be working at McDicks or Tim's this summer instead of the Army..
Goodluck, Cheers.

JUST PASSED IT TODAY. it's fairly easy and im in applied classes. THE BEST ADVICE and they will tell you this is TAKE YOUR TIME on each question and READ IT CAREFULLY!!!! and you should do fine

George Wallace said:
Having a degree has little to do with the CFAT.  It is an APTITUDE test, not a knowledge test.  Do you have the aptitude to do a certain job, not whether or not you have a piece of paper to hang on your wall.
I'm not sure that downplaying someone's degree is the right thing to do. It's not a "piece of paper to hang on your wall", it's a huge accomplishment to obtain.

Nauticus said:
I'm not sure that downplaying someone's degree is the right thing to do. It's not a "piece of paper to hang on your wall", it's a huge accomplishment to obtain.

It's a huge accomplishment that has nothing to do with many trades in the CF. Read his post, it doesn't say anything "downplaying a degree" it says:

Having a degree has little to do with the CFAT.

I understand that, but the OP is specifically referring to an officer trade. To my knowledge, a degree is a requirement to become an officer, so I disagree that it's got nothing to do with CF trades that the OP was specifically referring to.

Nauticus said:
I understand that, but the OP is specifically referring to an officer trade. To my knowledge, a degree is a requirement to become an officer, so I disagree that it's got nothing to do with CF trades that the OP was specifically referring to.

Still has SFA to do with the CFAT

i did my CFAT last week and i found that the math questions werent that hard ...pretty basic just gotta think it through  that being said i did pretty good on mine :)

Good job.

I couriered my CF application on Wednesday last week. Haven't heard anything yet, but I have my hopes up.

The only tip I can say for the spatial part is you can always narrow it down to two choices.  Then you have a 50% shot at getting it right.  I  used that method and scored high enough to qualify for any job I wanted (Although they wouldn't tell me the final score, I know I got all the vocab and math questions right, and knew I narrowed each spatial to a 50% probability).  The math was fairly simple if you reread the question over and make sure you answer exactly what they are asking, as some times you may interpret it differently. 

I just passed the cfat and im in grade 12 college classes. The best advice I can give you and you probley read 100's of times is to do some practice aptitute tests on the internet and read every question carefully and DON'T spend too much time on one question.

I just wrote my CFAT! I must say it wasn't too too bad! I under-estimated the vocabulary part, for most of the questions I was like huh??

The rest of the questions (math, spatial reasoning, logic) are doable, but you are pressed for time. I found the only part were I ran out of time was during the 30min., 30 math questions. The rest I had at least 1-2min to look over!

I have my medical along with my interview tomorrow, we'll see what happens. And, I applied for 15 field ambulance here at Edmonton.

Hmm, and see I had plenty of time during all sections. I did the math with almost 10 mins to spare. I was shocked that I did so well (I had expected to do horrible in that area) I guess it all depends on the person writing and the comfort level.

The first time I wrote my CFAT test I didn't score as high as I wanted for the ATIS trade. I decided to put my application on hold and try again. I put it off for a bit, so the recruiting center called me, four times. I was told that's a good sign. It means they want you to try and pass again. Anyway I've decided to write again next week, after 5 years!!

^^^ Don't worry!! Just remember not to spend too much time on one question. 

Don't want to hi-jack the topic but I am done my medical and my interview, and both went very smoothly and now the physical strength test!!! Friday May 24, 2008.

VM, You caught me!! What can I say, I just couldn't control my relief and excitedness!  ;D

Anyways, one thing I noticed about the CFAT, is that it has a lot of pattern recognition/ sequence identification type questions! (Hope that helps)

Back